Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'If you don't take a job as a prostitute, we can stop your benefits' (in Germany)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'If you don't take a job as a prostitute, we can stop your benefits' (in Germany)

A 25-year-old waitress who turned down a job providing "sexual services'' at a brothel in Berlin faces possible cuts to her unemployment benefit under laws introduced this year.

Isn't Germany known for generous welfare state and worker protections and whatnot? This seems quite radical.

The government had considered making brothels an exception on moral grounds, but decided that it would be too difficult to distinguish them from bars.
    That's seriously liberal licensing laws. Can you get a pint and a pickled egg with your blow-job?
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

This is the third or fourth thread on this in a week.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Yup, and the story has still not occured in German media, so I think it can safely be disregarded.
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Of course, they would want to cover this up. But there are obvious signs of Germany desintegrating and this is just one symptom.

Comment

Story debunked here
            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I don't know which ones worse, Germany, or Costa Rica...

Comment

Yawn... not again. Find the old thread
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                X