Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are we kept feeding pseudo propaganda news?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are we kept feeding pseudo propaganda news?

24 hour news channels such as BBC world, CNN, Al Jazeera and the Finnish YLE24 essentially have same kind of news, with only Al Jazeera standing out as reporting from a non anglo-american point of view. Still all of these networks report the blatant lies by US. Govt as major news. News like Condi Rices "Were not gonna attack Iran right now" get reported even when its clear that the US has not the reserves and capability for such operation anyway.

Another annoying thing are the domestic news rom UK or US. Who the **** really cares about M. Jacksons trial or whether the suspects of some UK-shocking-little murder have been caught. These things constantly make it to the first page in these news websites. Then they(BBC) have( useless insights like the one about the successor of DVD format. The tech section first page story concentrated only on HD-DVD without a word about the superior format blue-ray. They have reports like "Blogs- what are they" or " SMS games, now the UK consumers are starting to use their phones" like 3 years after everyone else. News about blackberries? Gimme a break. "512 kbps broadband cons increasing like Tonys boner when with GWB" Hello!? The speed standard is like 2-10 megs per second these days. More when available. Whats wrong with news nowadays? Click online used to be a good show but nowadays they merely keep showcasing Bill Gates newest to be flops and bull**** statements like "Windows Media Center is the future of home computing" and "security is priority#1 for us"

The only programs I can watch anymore without ruining my day are the HardTalk and Top Gear.

What are your experiences?
    Last edited by laurentius; February 5, 2005, 02:29.
    Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Another annoying thing are the domestic news rom UK or US. Who the **** really cares about M. Jacksons trial or whether the suspects of some UK-shocking-little murder have been caught.
    AND

The only programs I can watch anymore without ruining my day are the HardTalk and Top Gear
    lol
    You state that the news is too low-brow and then you tell us that you watch Top Gear

Comment

Another thing that absolutely enrages me is that when talking about a foreign curency like icelandic krona, they translate its value to dollars and pounds only, just as if they were boycotting the €. Same thing with distances,sometimes miles are translated to km, but not always..

WTF, use even roman miles instead.....

- Paul Valery

Comment

Originally posted by Zulu Elephant

lol
        You state that the news is too low-brow and then you tell us that you watch Top Gear
        Hey, thats the only remotely entertaining show theyve got. Besides its just the junk every self respecting man needs and its not like life changing stuff anyway...

It rocks! Even if Vauxhall suck, they are not afraid to say so
        Last edited by laurentius; February 5, 2005, 03:02.

- Paul Valery

Comment

I dont think BBC News 24 is too bad. They strike a good balance between important stuff and the trivial general interest stuff - its a publicly funded channel, they have to cater for everyone.

The really important stuff is covered on domestically aired current affairs programes such as Newsnight, The Politics Show, The Daily Politics, Breakfast with Frost and others (you can watch the last episode of all of these at any time on the BBC website if youre interested)

(Newsnight is the best and normally covers international stuff more than the others)

Comment

Working...
          X