Thanks, Herr Schroeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, Herr Schroeder

"For his part, Schroeder rejected a suggestion that US insistence on democratic change in Iran would compromise efforts by Germany, Britain and France to negotiate with Iran on the nuclear issue.

He said that US President George W. Bush's "heart is where it should be" on democracy in Iran and added: "I couldn't agree more. I don't believe at all that there will be any weakening effect on the ongoing negotiations led by the three European countries." "

He also said Germany will increase training of Iraqi forces.

Danke, schoen.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Wait a minute? This is a 'Poly thread with a title of the format "Thanks, NN", and the OP does not character assassinate NN?

My faith in the order of the universe is slipping.
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I thought LoM was being sarcastic myself when I first read it. I wonder if they're an I'm actually serious smiley around.
      ku eshte shpata eshte feja
      Where the Sword is, There lies religion

Comment

LotM is one of the more serious posters and doesn't usually dip into the well of childish sarcasm the rest of us seem to enjoy so much.
        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Germany

always

Comment

What's so great, anyway? Schröder uttering some diplomatic platitudes on Iran?

The somewhat interesting bit is the training of Iraqi police.
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
            X