No announcement yet.

I Miss Republicans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found it to be a pretty good read too. If Bush really wanted to half the deficit like he claims then this one project would get him $200 billion.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

GREAT PIECE!

Your neigbor decides to take precautions. He leaves his doors and windows unlocked. He sits on the roof, armed with a SpongeBob SquarePants air-rifle, just in case the killers return and attack the house by hang-glider this time. And the air rifle doesn't work. And he spent EVERY DIME HE HAD on the air rifle.

Heh, I sometimes invoke nearly the same analogy in our quarter-annual Apolyton ABM threads, only I liken it to spending a fortune on a chimney-defense system for a house without closeable windows or doors.

Same result: waste of money that buys no defense value at all. But people support it!

And meanwhile ... Abu Ghraib.

How do we get back to the days where our biggest concern was executive blowjobs? I liked that world better.

Dude, where's my country's reputation?
      Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

The real scandals always come from the Republicans. Watergate, Iran-Contra, Bush's torture plans. How significant is a blow job compared to that?

Comment

The Apollo Program left with Nixon.

I miss Nixon.
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

The fact remains that the Republicans traditionally are far more corrupt when they're President then Democrats.

Comment

Over what time frame?

Comment

I consider the recent times to be Nixon on word since that's roughly the time frame I've been alive though technically Nixon was long gone by the time I was born.

Comment

So we're discussing a period of thirty-seven years, twelve of which occured under Democrat presidents, and twenty-five of which occured under Republican presidents.

In that time frame, we have:

Watergate
                  Iran-Contra
                  Whitewater
                  Paula Jones
                  Abu Garib

How does Abu Garib qualify as presidential corruption?

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                    The real scandals always come from the Republicans. Watergate, Iran-Contra, Bush's torture plans. How significant is a blow job compared to that?
                    Oerdin, what you are saying is that the Dems are better at blow jobs, either giving or receiving.

Watergate was a scandal in that Nixon authorized a coverup and lied about it. Both were wrong, admittedly.

Iran Contra was about Ollie North supplying the Contras, which was the right thing to do. Regardless of the Dems best efforts, North has nothing to apologize for. In my book, he remains a hero.

Bush torture? Get serious. Abu Gharaib was about criminal behaviour by very junior people.
                    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                      The Apollo Program left with Nixon.

I miss Nixon.
                      Nixon indeed was a very effective president, until the nattering nabobs of negativism negated his nascient second term.
                      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                        The fact remains that the Republicans traditionally are far more corrupt when they're President then Democrats.
                        Oerdin, you have not concept of what corruption is.

Comment

So we're discussing a period of thirty-seven years, twelve of which occured under Democrat presidents, and twenty-five of which occured under Republican presidents.

Watergate
                          Iran-Contra
                          Whitewater
                          Paula Jones
                          Abu Garib

Or for that matter, what does Iran Contra have to do with presidential corruption?

Comment

Watergate
                            Iran-Contra
                            Whitewater
                            Paula Jones
                            Abu Garib

Except Whitewater wasn't an example of Presidential corrution, as Ken Starr showed after spending $63 million of our dollars. Nor was Paula Jones, as no corruption was involved, nor did it even occur during his Presidency (like Waterwater). You Republicans are so dishonest and petty. The country would be better off without you.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                              Or for that matter, what does Iran Contra have to do with presidential corruption?
                              The President authorized a program that violated U.S. law. How does that not involve corruption? Glad to know you have a hero who planned to overthrow the Republic. It shows just what kind of low, down scum many Republicans are.
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Ned

Oerdin, what you are saying is that the Dems are better at blow jobs, either giving or receiving.
                                You hear him, boys? Vote democrat for more blowjobs!
                                Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                                The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
                                X