Mathematician's Handbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mathematician's Handbook

I just bought a legal copy of Shaum outlines series Mathematician's Handbook. Here are 2 questions

Q1: What Math Handbook use students in other universities?

Q2: How can formulas and fundamental mathematical laws be (c) by somebody as noted on prebook page?
    money sqrt evil;
    My literacy level are appalling.

1. We didn't use anything like that. We used textbooks and whatever we could find in the libraries.

2. The copyright is not on the formulae but on the overall writings, arrangements, etc.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

muxec, we are allowed to use some books, and that Shaum's Mathematical handbook for formulas and tables is THE one for me. So we got the same book... basically, there are few other tables and formula books we could possibly use but this one was recommended by my math lecturer so I got it. So far it's been worth the penny, it's got lots of useful stuff in it and I've found it more complete than many other books.

So yeah, it's widely used in our Uni amongts math students etc.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Found that some things are missing in Schaum:

Delta-Dirac function.
        Lagrangians for non-cartesic coordinates.
        Common Jacobians.
        money sqrt evil;
        My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

Working...
        X