No announcement yet.

I have come to a conclusion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hear you Wildbore. Sometimes you just have to grab the bull by the horns and decide you will do something.

To that end I've been looking at usajob.com, which is the Federal Government's hiring page, and I have absolutely no idea what this job requires or what the duties are. Anyone have any idea? I will be applying reguardless.

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The persons selected for the Center for Security and Emergency Actions perform multi-level security tasks in primarily the personnel security field, but also the physical security area. The incumbent assures the loyalty, reliability, suitability, and trustworthiness of applicants, employees, and others who work with or who have access to sensitive or classified information and materials.

Operate a safe house for witness protection?
      Monkey!!!

Comment

I believe it will be something like that and I know I qualify under the VRA appointments text. There are two jobs like this and they both close today.
        Last edited by Dinner; February 2, 2005, 16:42.

Comment

I have no idea what all those requirements were so I guess I don't have them...

But, it will definitly be requiring control of sensitive information, and it sound like possibly ppl as well. So my guess might not be far off.

I found this one for you, it seems right up your alley.

Beer Buyer
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Cheese cutter and beer taster!

Damn, that sounds like a fun job to bad it's in Portland.

Comment

I'm in a similar position as Oerdin. Except I only stay up to 2 or 3 AM, and I don't drink anymore.

I'm really not in a hurry to get a job, but I may get one soon because I'm becoming bored playing computer games all day.

Comment

Originally posted by Thucydides
                A little off topic, but Gibsie, how much is it for laser eye surgery? I was considering getting some done myself.
                £1200 for both of them- and don't lsiten to Horsey if he starts chortling about how the place that did it has, "Express" in the title. It does vary though- one place tried to charge me £2200 but they were so blatantly trying to rip me off. And I know someone in the US who paid $2200 to have it done to one eye, but according to him it was by "the best surgeon in south-west Ohio", not that I think that is a HUGE accolade

Comment

I've been staying up 'till 2am, watching Adult Swim.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

My ex-girlfriend got laser eye correction done for something like $800 total. It is way cheaper in the US then in the UK so if I was British I would travel to the US and amke a vacation out of it. You'd probably still spend less money to boot.

Comment

Well, going to the aftercare appointments would be a bit of a problem there, eh?

I heard that you military types aren't allowed to get the type of treatment I had done. But then, I guess it's a valid concern if your cornea's goin to be cut loose, can't have that falling out on the battlefield!

Comment

Good luck with the jobhunting!

Those that seek, find. Or something like that.
                        Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                        "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                          My ex-girlfriend got laser eye correction done for something like $800 total. It is way cheaper in the US then in the UK so if I was British I would travel to the US and amke a vacation out of it. You'd probably still spend less money to boot.
                          If price is the only criteria, go to Russia. They'll do it for 2 beatles albums and a pair of Levis.

(It's a joke - but I bet they charge less dollars than the US).
                          Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                          "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Working...
                          X