I have come to a conclusion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spiffor
    1) I will send my computer far away from home. With the lack of 'Poly or videogames, I'm bound to do something productive

(at least, that's how I see it)
    You may be right about that. For right now I'm going to just use will power to limit my usage but if that doesn't work then I'm going to cancel the cable modem to end my time wasting on the internet. That's a last resort though and I'm sure I can be more productive if I put my mind to it.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora

Dont tell me about cooking borlotti beans and lentils for 4 starving kids after working 14hr shifts hanging freezing cold chickens.
      Do what I do, make a huge-ass pot of something cheap and then live off that for a day or three. I can make massive curries with plenty of chicken or pork for around $20 and it lasts for meal after meal after meal.
      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

The irony of this thread:

Oerdin
        King
        of Internet Music.
        Sep 2001
        time: 03:58

1) I will set my alarm and get up no later then 8am each morning though I will allow my self to sleep in on Sundays. This is needed to stop me from sleeping the day away and staying up half the night.

As we say in Sweden: Cut your hair and get a job!
        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Discipline Oerdin, discipline

Its a hard habit to break once you get going, but i think your idea's will make you feel better. That which does not kill us, makes us stronger so to speak.

I was feeling too 'unexercised' last year, until i decided i'd cycle into work everyday.

You're right about the exercise in the morning just kick starting the day, and making you much more positive in outlook

So go to it soldier! get down and give us 20!

Not drinking might be a tough one - still if you cant just have the odd beer with a meal, then maybe its the way for you? Good Luck.
          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

As I started to read your post I thought you were gonna say that you're heading back overseas. That's one response to the depression that comes after combat (kinda like getting another fix). Another is what you're describing.

Just something to think about.
            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I wouldn't say I am depressed nor that I am an alcoholic but I'm certainly in a funk and so I am going to try to remecy the situation.

To that effect I looked at the Federal jobs web site and I actually found a few decent jobs. I'll make sure I send my resume off tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Boshko

Do what I do, make a huge-ass pot of something cheap and then live off that for a day or three. I can make massive curries with plenty of chicken or pork for around $20 and it lasts for meal after meal after meal.
                Your tactic sounds vagely familiar.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

San Diego Police Department is Hiring as is the US Border Patrol so that's two local Government agencies with decent pay. I looked and they're hiring a park ranger for Cabrillo National Monument though the pay kind of sucks $30k-$46k per year. Both the law enforcement positions should be around $60k plus over time.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                    I'm not hurting for cash. With the money I saved working tax free for a year over seas, my unemployment benifets, and the rent I get for renting out a few rooms I make by decently. The unemployment won't last for ever though so I need to stop screwing around and get back in the game.

Mike: I've been told a Seagull S6 from Canada was one of the best entry level accoustics you can buy. They've got a solid top and all tone quality wood construction. I've fiddled with them and the S6 sounds pretty good to my tone deaf ear plus it seems to have more base then the other entry level guitars.
                    Yeah, that's from the Godin Company isn't it. Really nice guitars. I have an electric. That wouldn't be entry level in the UK though. Or your definition of entry level is higher than mine.
                    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

Yeah, the Seagull is made by Godin and I've seen left handed versions brand new selling for $350. Not to bad considering what Taylor and Martin are charging. Speaking of which I'd really love to get a Taylor but since their lowest priced guitars start around $2000 I will have to pass.

The Taylor factory is just across town though so maybe I'll go and take a tour on of these days so I can dream.

Comment

I wouldn't say I am depressed nor that I am an alcoholic but I'm certainly in a funk and so I am going to try to remecy the situation.

To that effect I looked at the Federal jobs web site and I actually found a few decent jobs. I'll make sure I send my resume off tomorrow.
                        By 'depression' I didnt mean to imply that you should head off for the local "post traumatic stress disorder encounter group". I was just suggesting that its not unexpected for someone to have a period of adjustment after returning to the slowness of the 'real world'. I guess you havent taken to another alternative i.e. 'daredevil risk taking'?
                        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Oerdin, you are on the right track. What you need is a regular rhythm. You need to get up fairly early every day, NO EXCUSES. This way, you will accomplish more. There are times, especially in the morning that you don't know what to do. What you can do around the house that early??!! Well, those are the times you can accomplish things you want to get done. So, regular rotation of the day is very important getting you to the right track and it's a great start.

Living life is very easy. You just do all the right things and you succeed. You just need to do those right things, so get on doing them!
                          In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

The OP makes me feel acutely guilty. Good luck Oerdin.
                            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Yeah, the Seagull is made by Godin and I've seen left handed versions brand new selling for $350. Not to bad considering what Taylor and Martin are charging. Speaking of which I'd really love to get a Taylor but since their lowest priced guitars start around $2000 I will have to pass.

The Taylor factory is just across town though so maybe I'll go and take a tour on of these days so I can dream.
                              Cool. Fair enough. I think I backed the Seagull in your other thread about it.

We got a really nice Yamaha acoustic (new) for a friend for £60. Equivalent quality in other brands was getting on for £175...
                              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

hmm

I have the same problem

but I have a job and am in school

Jon miller
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN
                                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                                X