No announcement yet.

1/3rd of US High School Students Say Press Freedoms Should Be Restricted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids are stupid. Look at me. I was a Republican when I was a kid.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Students are asked to memorize the amendment

Where?

Students don't know crap about civics because they aren't required to study it. I doubt half of the high schoolers actually know what the 1st Amendment protects. Hell, 75% of students think burning a flag is illegal!
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

And on which birthday do they miraculously and suddenly acquire the knowledge they never had before?
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

When they go to college, which does a much better job of teaching civics.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

You disagree? Are you insane?

Comment

I was lucky to have a good US Government teacher in High School

Comment

I wish that 'US Government' was mandatory in High School.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    I wish that 'US Government' was mandatory in High School.
                    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Hey Ogie, how did you enjoy the freaking ice storm that tore in through Georgia this weekend? Freaking unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                        Hey Ogie, how did you enjoy the freaking ice storm that tore in through Georgia this weekend? Freaking unbelievable!
                        Yeah it was coolio. Work shut down early at 2:30. I went to the store to stock up but lines were freakin wild so we decided to risk it and go w/o groceries.

I 'member being down here in Atlanta on business the year Atlanta hosted the superbowl '96 or '98. They had an even worse ice sorm that bascially destroyed every pine wiyhin eyesight. Amazing.

Anyway its back to normal for now. Beats livin in the snowbound Northeast. (suckers )

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

Or maybe its because it has been proven over and over that Americans are generally simply less intelligent than the rest of the developed world? OMFFG PWND!!1
                          Your attempts to fit in are admirable.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
                            Yeah it was coolio. Work shut down early at 2:30. I went to the store to stock up but lines were freakin wild so we decided to risk it and go w/o groceries.

I 'member being down here in Atlanta on business the year Atlanta hosted the superbowl '96 or '98. They had an even worse ice sorm that bascially destroyed every pine wiyhin eyesight. Amazing.

Anyway its back to normal for now. Beats livin in the snowbound Northeast. (suckers )
                            Yep .

Speaking of the SuperBowl, how's the Eagles party coming along?

Comment

I am a optimistic fatalist.

I'll simply crow on Monday. Till then mums the word.

/me hopes his bet with all the band wagon jumping Pats fans pays off.

Comment

Have the house all decked out in Green and Silver? Listening to Kincaid on 680 The Fan (the big Eagles fan in Atlanta SportsTalk).

Comment

Working...
                                X