Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why has Capitalism failed to produce optimal value everywhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
    It's true that when a bank's loan gets repaid, it could decide not to make another loan and just hold onto its reserves and have a higher reserve to deposit ratio. But that's not how banks make money. They would only do this if they don't have anything to invest in. That's a Keynesian situation which has nothing to do with whether fractional reserve banking exists or not.
    And thus aggregate debt increases, because interest on existing loans has to be paid with money that comes from fresh loans.
    In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
      You can tell Fake Boris is an expert on money because he has so much of it.
      **** off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fake Boris View Post
        And thus aggregate debt increases, because interest on existing loans has to be paid with money that comes from fresh loans.
        The money for paying interest comes from producing goods and services. There isn't a 1:1 ratio of income and the money supply.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
          So your point doesn't have anything tangible to back it up.
          Just stick to growing GMOs.

Comment

The money for paying interest comes from producing goods and services. There isn't a 1:1 ratio of income and the money supply.
            No. You can pay interest with any financial gain, whether it be real or nominal.

Comment

No. You can pay interest with any financial gain, whether it be real or nominal.
              That's true, you can pay off interest with capital gains. I'm not sure how that refutes what I said...? That's just another way someone can pay off interest without borrowing even more money.

Comment

Just stick to growing GMOs.
                I'm sure you wish I would, so you wouldn't get smacked around so badly in economic debates.

Sadly, I can't grow any GMOs here. I wish I could get some BT eggplant here, or even BT sprays (less effective, but still better than what we have to spray as an alternative). I haven't been able to find any.

Comment

That's true, you can pay off interest with capital gains. I'm not sure how that refutes what I said...? That's just another way someone can pay off interest without borrowing even more money.
                  Who's talking about a single individual?

Comment

Who's talking about a single individual?
                    We can talk about an individual debtor and use that to make inferences about debtors in general.

Comment

Working...
                    X