No announcement yet.

Creationists PWNED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In some way, the creatinists help science progress. Because of their amazing nitpicking talents, many scientifics feel compelled to solidily prove what would otherwise be accepted as mere common sense.

This devotion to proving evolution in such a way to be proof to zealot nitpickers, is what makes the theory more solid than it would otherwise be
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

@ Spiffor
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

So...they made incredibly complex programs that add two numbers, and crash if a line of code is removed?

Haven't college programming courses been doing that for years?
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
          My god could beat up your god.
          I can buy your God
          So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
          Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Weren't creationists pwnd in 1850 something? Why would anyone have to do it again?
            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

See, there are zombie Creationists in the US of A...
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
                Weren't creationists pwnd in 1850 something? Why would anyone have to do it again?
                The "God is the cause of everything and religion is the true explanation of the world" line of reasoning was PWNed by that time.

But now, the God fanboys have regouped under the "God is in the gaps" line of reasoning. Thus many scientists feel compelled at filling in the gaps (which in itself isn't a bad thing, even if it isn't that useful).

Kinda like one Polytubbie can feel compelled to correct the ignorance of another poster, until understanding that the other poster will never accept his ignorance to be corrected
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                  Erm, computer critters are not carbon critters Kuci. A computer program does not evolution prove.
                  Yes, it does. Whether it's made out of bits or carbon atoms has nothing to do with the creationists' and IDers' irreducible complexity argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

Yes, it does. Whether it's made out of bits or carbon atoms has nothing to do with the creationists' and IDers' irreducible complexity argument.
                    Then clearly SimEarth is a highly accurate digital recreation of Earth's climate and biosphere.
                    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

What irreducibly complex biological systems are out there, anyway?
                      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                        Then clearly SimEarth is a highly accurate digital recreation of Earth's climate and biosphere.
                        Strawmen

Comment

Evolution does not explain existence, it explains the change of existence.

Be careful what you dismiss.
                          be free

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                            Strawmen
                            Why? You seem to be very accepting of the notion that a computer program of this day and age is capable of accurately and unequivocally replicating the complex system of evolution, thus proving it at least in part.
                            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

@DRose: Try reading Kuci's arguments with a bit of comprehension.
                              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Drose:
                                I think Kuci's point is not to say that the computer model closely imitates life.

His point is that an evolving program (a program that "reproduces" with a random chance at modification) has been proven to create different programs of irreductible complexity, without any intelligent design in this complexity.

It doesn't show how it happens yith real lifeforms. It proves, however, that a system left to its own devices can become irreductibly complex.

Comment

Working...
                                X