She's not real?!!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not at the time that quote was made.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by shawnmmcc
      I cannot remember the programmer who pioneered this approach, but he has been getting some phenomenal results.
      Really sorry, but the true pioneers were not programmers but painters.
      Take a look at the work of Jan Vermeer for example.
      veni vidi PWNED!

Comment

Really sorry but that completly different
        you cannont compare what programmers and painters are doing...
        Painters dont need to know anything about physics, they can just try to copy what they see, while the programmers are trying to reproduce the CAUSE to get the same effect.
        Technology has overtaken painters in their scientific job (photography) ages ago, but this is different...

Comment

Originally posted by Lul Thyme
          Really sorry but that completly different
          you cannont compare what programmers and painters are doing...
          Painters dont need to know anything about physics, they can just try to copy what they see, while the programmers are trying to reproduce the CAUSE to get the same effect.
          Technology has overtaken painters in their scientific job (photography) ages ago, but this is different...

Painting is not always just "painting what you see" (more often then not it's painting what you don't see) and it often does involve an understanding and even reproduction of the "cause", as you call it.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Ari Rahikkala
            When was the last time you saw the bottom of a lake through water from that angle? As far as I know lakes are supposed to be *blue*, not some sort of greenish brownish light cyan (can you tell I had problems figuring out what I should call that colour )?
            Bottom of the lake? I thought the angle is human height (~2m)?
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd

Painting is not always just "painting what you see" (more often then not it's painting what you don't see) and it often does involve an understanding and even reproduction of the "cause", as you call it.
              I know I was exageratting a little bit, but I still believe no human painting can compare to rendering an image by a computer algorithm, even closely...

Comment

Working...
              X