No announcement yet.

She's not real?!!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like it but they still have a problem with facial expressions and the eyes in a few frames. It also looks fake when she's holding the baby; its like they didn't know what to do with ehr left hand so they just sort of super imposed it around the baby. Where her hand and the baby touch just doesn't seem to be right.

I like the texture they added to the super close in shots but the medium close shots still like kind of shiny. All in all it's a first rate job but still noticably CGI.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

It is the way the light reflects off the skin that makes it look plastic. Also, the clothes don't lie right on the body. Impressive though. Maybe this will allow for better movies. Right now a lot of actors and actresses get parts for how they look and not how they act. By combining CGI looks with good acting for voice...... Well, one can only hope.
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Good point.

I'd like to see how naturally they can animate it. I've seen so wonderful CGI still lifes that turn into very boxy and stiff animation.

Comment

Well Animation requires an order of magnitude more processing power than still lifes. (at least 30 still lifes per second - though 50 is much better)
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Ahh, I found the movie clips on the web site. "Test 3" is very life like and believable right up until she smiles and you see an obviously CGI set of teeth and "movie sample 1" is first rate with no obvious give aways (though the hair near her face is blowing way more then the rest of her hair). "Movie sample 2" is the worst with jerky animation, poor facial expressions, and her hand ill proportioned. I mean it was way to big for her face.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
              '
              Her eyes. They're.....weird and empty.
              Nope, that's not it. It's even more obvious than that.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

she's on my computer and not in RL?
                Monkey!!!

Comment

No. Just look at the picture for a bit, it should come to you.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Let's see who spots it.
                    Two sources of sunlight?
                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

We have a winnah!

Comment

* Bows *
                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

* cries *

(I didn't even look at the pictures )
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

It's the lighting in general, but we'll take your answer. Two other points to note with the lighting is that she's standing in the shadow of the hill, so she shouldn't be lit up like that. Two, the sun is on her right, but the majority of the light on her is on her front left.

Comment

I hate to disagree (well, maybe not ), but that light could have been obtained in other ways. The real problem is the hair - no way that it's for real.

The smile and the eyes are also a little creepy - nonhuman, but then it's a woman (ouch - i'm already ducking my head).

Nikolai stated that the eyes was weird, yes, but they are not empty - i'we seen worse in real life.
                              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Her teeth make her look inhuman -- like she's about to bite your arm off or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X