Well, it's been fun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, it's been fun!

Black Nova traders is definitely different, after the aquisition of my assets in a certain sector, I am now out of the game.

Kudos to the victor!

If anyone is considering another Apolyton-specific TW2002 game, let me know - I guess this has shown me that I have the time to play again. =)

Sorry about that Burbel...I just happened across the missing link while exploring, and needed to test my ship out in combat...

It was kind of fun seeing you appear and disappear as I made the risky attacks. Had you attacked me at the right moment, it would have been me out of the game instead of you.

I am kind of surprised, though that you didn't have another sector that could serve as a platform to rebuild...Sorry to see you go.

Comment

Wow,

Sorry to hear that Burbel. Maybe we should petition for a rebang soon. That is, now that most of the players are starting to figure out the game.

Mark,

Is it possible to run two games at once and not clog up the server. I see that some sites do that. They run the games overlapping for specific time periods. Just wondering?
      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Actually, between the lag, the pop-ups, the available help, and the web interface, I think I am done for this generation of Black Nova traders, so I wouldn't bother with a rebang yet.

It's an interesting game, with promise, but not something that I will probably play for the near future.

Comment

Hmm.. The pop-ups are annoying, but manageable.

What lag are you talking about?

I agree that the interface needs a lot of work to be less work and more fun. Especially shuttling stuff from a "special base" to a planet.
          We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

The fact that it can sometimes take 2-3 seconds for a page to load. The biggest thing for me is the mouse - while useful for some things, if something is important I would rather use the keyboard and macros. Just not a big mouse-guy, I guess.

The biggest thing is the numbers quickly become meaningless in this game - I first traded say 30 holds, then went to 80 holds, now I was at 1.1 million holds. It just gets out of control.

300k fighters is enough to defend on day 1, for example, but on day 2 it's not enough. That's what the game felt like to me.

Just doesn't feel balanced enough to be fun right now.

Comment

Just wanted to make sure Tam, that you knew you could create trade routes from special ports to planet, so you can dump fighters/colonists/torps on that planet in circuits. It does have its limit, especially once you get over 50 planets, but it saves a lot of clicking.

Comment

i think a lot of speed-up can be done with keyboard shortcuts

i just added alt-a as a shortcut for the link to the main page

beyond that, there is a HUGE need for documentation, for example on battles and building plnet defence...
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

something to add to the... "wish list"

- useless trading protection: you click the link to execute a trade route 10 times only to realise that you lost tons of turns cause after the fifth time there was nothing to trade
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Wow talk about your long page loads

seconds until next update.
                    There are 4 players online. Page generated in 1,037,483,195.9712590 secs. BNT © 2000-2002 Ron Harwood

Comment

I wasn't the one complaining, though it did take me a while to figure that out.

I do wish, though, that the "protection against useless trades" were implemented. It would save a lot of micromanaging of turns.

Besides, isn't the number of traderoutes limited to 40?

Originally posted by SharpBlue
                      Just wanted to make sure Tam, that you knew you could create trade routes from special ports to planet, so you can dump fighters/colonists/torps on that planet in circuits. It does have its limit, especially once you get over 50 planets, but it saves a lot of clicking.

Comment

Uh-oh looks like I'm joining Burbel. I'm out for now.

MarkG,

Let me know if there is a rebang.

Lee,

I don't think that strategy will work, although it might...you just need to really remember to buy an escape pod everytime.

You also need
                        hull, energy, fighters, beams, and engines. And then buy some energy and fighters....making the costs more than you thought.

You have to double dock to get the fighters, and then get the energy elsewhere. (ie. more turns)

SkyBlue,

I noticed a bug. When my ship was destroyed, I still had a boatload of energy when I bought a lesser ship (that is, I still had my original energy).

Comment

Working...
                        X