Slow month!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow month!

Things have been pretty slow around here as of late. Aeturneus dropped off the face of the earth (leaving Burbel in a lurch on War of the Worlds ), and everyone else hasn't been posting at all. What's up, guys?

I think we need a new game to spice things up. I'm already a bit burned out after playing three games at once recently, though now that all three are pretty much over(*), or functionally so, I could stand playing one, maybe, especially a low turn game.

Would anyone be interested in playing around with a 240-turn 10k sector universe? Should be pretty slow-paced (for obvious reasons), and should be perfect for those with little time to play due to real life (always getting in the way, isn't it? ) . I'd prefer to set it up with my edits, though Burbel seems averse to them.

Alternately, I might work on a heavily edited game with completely new and different ships from the norm. I have some interesting game variant ideas, some of which require I don't play, which I might go ahead with, too. For example....

...There is enough scalability in TW Gold to allow for interesting setups. For instance, how would people like a TradeWars game with "tech research"? I was thinking of an Axis and Allies style research model where, for example, advancement from tech level 1 to tech level 2 would cost 1M credits per die, 2 to 3 2M, etc. I'd roll as many d6's as you purchased (pulling the money right out of the citadel of your choice; limit one purchase per calendar week), and if you got a 6, you'd get the tech advancement, which would give you access to new ships which are either faster, cheaper, more heavily armed, or whatever. Might even allow tech-based ship *design*. It'd be a very manual game for me as gameop, and for obvious reasons I couldn't play in it myself, but I think it'd be a lot of fun for the players. Especially for us Civvers--tech research is in our blood!

If I were really going to spend a lot of time in Tedit doing that sort of thing, I could even allow spending on other things, such as terraforming. Create only one base planet type which gentorps would be able to make, something as worthless as U's are now, then require upgrade payments to make it into a better planet. With enough upgrades, the thing could have 500k colos per product and produce everything, including fighters, at 1:1. But to get *there* would cost billions. (1.5 million free fighters a day had *better* cost billions hehe, that's the equivalent of at least a hundred billion compared to citadel interest at the LOWEST fighter price)

Anyway, people seem bored of standard TW, so these are just ideas to spice things up.

(*) War of the Worlds ended when Aeturneus quit, pretty much. The game on my server has been functionally over since nearly right after it began. And the Firaxis game just ended three days ago when Corp 10 slaughtered Corp 5 (check out the log from 05/18/14 for SERIOUS spam). Firaxis went from 1.1 million universe figs on day 101 to under 60k on day 103. Mass destruction is fun

Happy trading!

Actually, I wouldn't mind getting in on a modded server, or another server, but my biggest problem is work. Tonight is my first night off in 19 days; the other nights I was getting home around 10-1am, and was in no shape to take my turns.

But I wouldn't mind coming in and playing a bit, developing a small sector of my own. There aren't any ways for turns to go into a turn bank, are there?

Anyway, I'd be willing to give it a shot, I just might not be on 100% of the days like I used to be.

Comment

I concur that it has been a slow month. However, I, for one have been playing in both of Xentropy's games (A&B) on his server. Game A has been slow, while Game B has been outright dead...oh well, at least I can build my empire in peace.

On a serious note, I too would be interested in a new game (with what ever settings the majority - what? 3-4 of us - decides upon).

Comment

Slow month my ass! Xentro, I'm sending you a bill for my ISS + pain and suffering @ 250K!!!

Comment

Working...
        X