Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

War of the Worlds back online

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • War of the Worlds back online

    War of the Worlds is back online after a short break for Thanksgiving. Although I attempted to pause the game, apparently the developement of the game world is tied to my system clock. You will, therefore, have full turns and your planets will have developed normally in during the break, and ports should have fully regenerated. Have fun!
    "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte

    Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

  • #2
    Thanks, Aeturneus. Now, is anyone else having the problem that I am having, namely, that Swath cannot connect with, apparently, Swath.net?

    Comment


    • #3
      yes
      "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte

      Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

      Comment


      • #4
        Urban and I use JTWAT vice Swath. JTWAT seems to be working fine so far...
        ____________________________
        "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
        "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu
        ____________________________

        Comment


        • #5
          Tip of the Day: You can use swath in online mode regardless of the status of the central server if you delete the registry folder @ hkey_currentuser_localmachine->software->swath after you get the message "operation timed out" but before you click "ok".
          "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte

          Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

          Comment


          • #6
            Aeturneus, how dangerous is making that change? Does it only need to be done once, or once every time this problem arises?

            Comment


            • #7
              I have found several effects from this change: 1st, the game loses it's record of recently accessed files - you need to find your game database and load it in again. 2nd, blind warp protection and pay toll figs options are both turned on, amongst other options that are not coded into the game database file. 3rd, yes you do need to do this every time you want to play - I am hoping that it will be a temporary measure until swath.net comes back online.
              "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte

              Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

              Comment


              • #8
                Well, thank you very much for the information, but it is now a mot
                point since apparently swath.net seems back up - I'm on Firaxis' game right now.

                Comment

                Working...
                X