Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sorry for language, but *****K YOU BURBEL!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • sorry for language, but *****K YOU BURBEL!!!

    Some for the immaturity, i just simply hate arseholes and want i reset because this TRADE WAR GAME BLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I get killed by aesternus, now i have been chased down by burbel probebly because of the limpet on my ship which i couldn't afford removing!!!!!!!.....and destroys my poor Scout with his IMPERIAL STARSHIP!!!! *****K YOU!!!!

    How bloody FAIR is that???? How can i play without bloody loosing my ship? you basstards!!! Its not fun being blown up without a chance in HOOOT!!! Especially when you don't start with a planet!!!!

    I do nothing to you people and i get blown up..... bunch of bastard bullies against a weakling!

    IF you play like that, I hate to meet you peopl in r/l as you people are complete bastards.

    Sorry for my profanity, the immaturety of this message, i can't play like this and no wonder there is a low number of players.

    I am mod of CHiron Chronicles, so can't be banned.....but i can't keep this to myself, its veeeeerrrryyyy ANNOYING!

    -LMP

    ...i'll sit here to see if anyone bothers replying...

  • #2
    Well, let me come in and apologize; I definitely was not trying to be a pain about this, and wasn't trying to ruin the game for you, LordLMP.

    And I don't know if there was a limpet or not on your ship.

    While I was trading, I saw a message that you entered a sector with a toll fighter, and thought about twarping there and killed you, but realized that would not be very sporting, so I kept going.

    Then I got the message that you destroyed the toll fighter, so I came to a nearby toll fighter and looked for you, and you stumbled right into the sector I was in. I sent a whole 8 fighters against you, but, apparently, that was enough.

    But I wasn't hunting you, and wasn't trying to ruin the game for you, please believe me. Was just trying to have fun in the game (after all, it *is* just a game).

    Again, sorry 'bout that. Please don't quit playing just because I was an A$$.

    Comment


    • #3
      speaking of smoked tollfigs, I am getting kind of annoyed at the incessant destruction of my fighters. I lost more than twenty fighters today.

      This makes the game less fun for me, and demands some sort of retaliation for repeat offenders, so watch your back if you are going to maliciously blast my loyal fighters
      "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte

      Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by aeturneus
        speaking of smoked tollfigs, I am getting kind of annoyed at the incessant destruction of my fighters. I lost more than twenty fighters today.

        This makes the game less fun for me, and demands some sort of retaliation for repeat offenders, so watch your back if you are going to maliciously blast my loyal fighters
        A few of those are on me, as I needed to get to stardock and, well, they were in the way, and since I'm merely in the game to obliterate the cheaters, I apologize for that. As of tonight I started paying their toll rather than killing them. Of course, you *did* leave them there to be attacked, so you ought to expect this kind of tomfoolery

        Dan
        a.k.a. Maximus Ire
        Dan Magaha
        Firaxis Games, Inc.
        --------------------------

        Comment


        • #5
          I too am guilty of attacking Toll Fighters - but only the ones in the areas around the Stardock...why else would someone try to control all of the sectors surrounding the Stardock if not for the simple statement of trying to "control" the Stardock?

          Am I right in my assessment of the Stardock slowly being put under seige or should I also just pay the 5 credits and move on?


          I too have no desire of ruffling anyones feathers - Markg taught me a strong (and painful) lesson in the first Aplotyon game! (ie, don't EVER leave your guard down for others to take advantage of you!)
          ____________________________
          "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
          "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu
          ____________________________

          Comment


          • #6
            first of all, the Apolyton Corporation apologizes for the destruction of your ship LordLMP

            it wasnt without provocation of course, what where you thinking attacking toll figs with just 8 figs??

            we are willing to repay for your lost ship, please contact us privately


            Originally posted by Wittlich
            why else would someone try to control all of the sectors surrounding the Starport if not for the simple statement of trying to "control" the Starport?
            to get aliens!
            read an thread of mine a couple of days ago
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

            Comment


            • #7
              I couldn't afford get the limpet off my ship, so what makes you think i will be able to afford paying tolls all of the time? 8 fighters was as much as i could afford and couldn't afford any bigger ship with escape pod. I practicly broke in the TW game, especially when aeternous blasted my Merchant Cruiser!!! where i barely had a chance to trade and make money.

              Burbel got me in 520...i zoomed by it and notice the class 0 port by the time i went to the next sector, so went back to by a bit more fighters...instead, i get burbel in his Imperial Starship blasting me as soon as i got into the sector.

              I remember playing TW where i had control of 20 planets :P
              and a Imperial Starship....which i lost by accident as i used the Transwarp for the first time....and got another right after, making me broke...so couldn't afford a lot of fighters....and lost that IMP to a fully loaded Scout......

              -LMP

              Comment


              • #8
                If you litter the universe with your toll fighters to hog trade ports, aeturneus, do you expect people would yield to your highway robbery? On the other hand, you destroyed my out of the way fighters sitting by themselves for no reason whatsoever.

                Looks like we have a guilty person pointing fingers at others.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by [LordLMP]
                  I couldn't afford get the limpet off my ship, so what makes you think i will be able to afford paying tolls all of the time?
                  attacking tol figs means losing at least one fig. what's better: loosing 1 200-credits figs or paying 5 credits for the toll?

                  anyway, check your bank account
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Ok, I've been a good boy today and paid the required tolls to all the fighters I ran across...but MY GOD aeturneus!!! What are you trying to do? Place a fig in every sector?!?
                    ____________________________
                    "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                    "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu
                    ____________________________

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It's funny that the longest running thread in this forum has this title

                      To respond to some questions, no I am not trying to control stardock or maliciously hog all the port pairs. I just leave figs wherever I think I might want to warp again, and I often drop figs in adjacent sectors because the attrition rate for these transport figs has been so high. If you come to a port pair that has my fighters in it, by all means take out the two fighters and plant your own if it is worth the 600-800 credits to you. I simply protest the wanton destruction of fighters - eg. all the fighters at the port pair and the ones adjacent to it - for no obvious purpose except to prohibit my transwarping there sometime in future. These attacks have been systematic, and I beg you to refrain from just blasting away at every opportunity. At very least, just think about whether it is worth your while to do so.

                      Urban, I owe you a sincere apology. I took out one of your figs at the entrance to an interesting bubble... I should just have planted a fighter past the bubble entrance and paid the toll. I realized this as soon as I wasted a fig there, and a couple of minutes later I did pay your toll at a different bubble and sat a fighter one step further inside the bubble. I hope we can all play a bit more rationally like that in future, and save our fighters for the real battles... between good and evil.

                      Hoping to assuage some fears and mend some wounds,
                      Aeturneus
                      "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte

                      Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        This raises an interesting question. With the complete absence of any evil traders, when will this battle between "Good and Evil" commence?

                        Also, not to sound combattive or uncouth, but if everyone plays cooperatively, what will become of the game? If there's no evils in play, and I doubt that there will be any time soon, whom do we fight?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Well, the game isn't very good for evils, but I'm sure even the "good" commit sins that can sometimes make them evil enough to fight even if they are still blue.
                          "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte

                          Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X