Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Captain Zyrain enters the sector.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Captain Zyrain enters the sector.

    This how my day went yesterday. I was doing course plots and accidently hit the wrong buttons. Usually I type faster than the stuff displays.

    (clip from the game)


    Computer command [TL=02:47:15]:[2739] (?=Help)? F
    What is the starting sector [2739] ?
    What is the destination sector? 1009

    Computed.

    The shortest path (9 hops, 18 turns) from sector 2739 to sector 1009 is:
    2739 > 1773 > 1719 > (2737) > (3672) > (1270) > (2113) > (1122) > (693) >
    (1009)


    Computer command [TL=02:47:10]:[2739] (?=Help)? Q



    Command [TL=02:47:08]:[2739] (?=Help)? : F


    You have 99 fighters available.
    Your ship can support up to 300 Fighters, leaving 0
    How many fighters do you want defending this sector? 1009


    ...as your fighters deploy within Federation space, they are immediately
    annihilated by a VERY powerful phaser array from the Federation StarShip
    the Intrepid. The monstrous bulk of the cruiser fills your viewscreen
    and its warning message blares throughout your ship.

    "Try that again and you'll get the same! You should know the regulations
    about using arms in the Federation!"

    Your battle officer reports loss of 10% of your fighters and 10% of your
    holds. It seems the Intrepid was very careful in it's attack and could have
    done much MORE damage.

    Command [TL=02:47:06]:[2739] (?=Help)? :

    Sect 2739?Turns 75?Creds 174,246?Figs 89?Shlds 0?Hlds 58?Ore 0?Org 0?Equ 58
    Col 0?Phot 0?Armd 0?Lmpt 0?GTorp 0?TWarp No?Clks 0?Beacns 0?AtmDt 0?Crbo 0
    EPrb 19?MDis 0?PsPrb No?PlScn No?LRS Holo?Aln 2?Exp 622?Ship 20 MerFre

    Command [TL=02:46:53]:[2739] (?=Help)? : D




    (ugh i was mad.... there was no way i could place 1009 fighters anyway??????)

  • #2
    you're not allowed to leave figs in fed space....
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

    Comment


    • #3
      Q: Can one launch a torpedo into Fedspace, to disable cloaking, for example?

      Q: Can someone launch a torpedo *from* Fedspace, either into an adjacent Fedpsace sector or a non-fedpsace sector?

      If you can't tell, I've never been in a game with photons before.

      Comment


      • #4
        more on hitting the wrong buttons

        I know you can't leave figs in FedSpace.... I hit wrong button.

        However, Zyrain shouldn't have come, because I didn't have 1009 fighters to place??? What if I tried placing 0 fighters in FedSpace? Would he still come?

        I'm could also try placing more fighters than I have in another sector outside fedspace and see what it does. That is too wierd.

        Oh well, I should be careful at what buttons I push. Sometimes at the main stardock menu I hit the wrong button, and I lose 1/2 million credits.... not very funny.

        Comment


        • #5
          more on hitting the wrong buttons

          I know you can't leave figs in FedSpace.... I hit wrong button.

          However, Zyrain shouldn't have come, because I didn't have 1009 fighters to place??? What if I tried placing 0 fighters in FedSpace? Would he still come?

          I'm could also try placing more fighters than I have in another sector outside fedspace and see what it does. That is too wierd.

          Oh well, I should be careful at what buttons I push. Sometimes at the main stardock menu I hit the wrong button, and I lose 1/2 million credits.... not very funny.


          Burbel: You probably can't launch photons into FedSpace. (Never tried though)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by burbel

            Q: Can one launch a torpedo into Fedspace, to disable cloaking, for example?



            Q: Can someone launch a torpedo *from* Fedspace, either into an adjacent Fedpsace sector or a non-fedpsace sector?



            If you can't tell, I've never been in a game with photons before.

            You cannot launch Photon Missiles into Fed space.

            I am not sure about the second one, but I think that might be possible.
            King Thor

            Comment


            • #7
              zyrain will show up even if you try to leave 1 fig
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

              Comment


              • #8
                hehe half a million credits to the muggers at stardock? Well, that's more than I carry around at any one time, but with all the smaller contributions I've made I'm sure they are the wealthiest NPC's in the game
                "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte

                Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yeah, I was a little nervous carrying around the 350k it took me to buy my commission.
                  Peace, Wisdom, and No Karma

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X