Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An appeal to all the traders out there...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • An appeal to all the traders out there...

    Hey all,

    When I get into my nice, used, shiny Ferrengi Assault trader (since another Ferrengi had the nerve to destroy my T'Kasi Orion), please, please,
    please don't kill me! Give me a chance to infiltrate the evil Ferrengi
    empire and then destroy them from within!

    Or, I guess, just give me a few turns to fly around in it, because it sounds cool?

    -- Burbel

  • #2
    Cool, Burbel. Please tell us, what are the stats of your shiny new Ferrengi vessel?

    Comment


    • #3
      And where exactly is Ferengi space?
      *grumbles about work*

      Comment


      • #4
        Sector 14... avoid at all costs until you're very powerfull.

        -Midnight

        Comment


        • #5
          Does anyone know how to get the stats of the vessel? Until I know, I might just camp in fedspace!

          Although, when I look at what it cost me, overall it cost me more than 300,000 credits + around 300 experience and 200 alignment to kill the
          ship (after I killed it another Ferrengi came into the sector and blew
          me up)...

          Anyone have a combat scanner?

          Comment


          • #6
            Burbel, I've seen somewhere a web page where are stats of all four different Ferrengi ship.

            Another thing: if you attack a Ferrengi, you'll get their grudge on you. They will chase you now through the whole universe. It's adviced not to attack the Ferrengi until late in the game when you are very powerful!

            Comment


            • #7
              I would have to agree, I was just on and I lost almost all of my fighters to 2 Ferrengi that seem to be "following me". Whoops!

              Comment


              • #8
                What about changing ship registration?
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

                Comment


                • #9
                  quote:

                  Originally posted by Marko Polo on 04-27-2001 11:58 AM
                  Burbel, I've seen somewhere a web page where are stats of all four different Ferrengi ship.

                  Another thing: if you attack a Ferrengi, you'll get their grudge on you. They will chase you now through the whole universe. It's adviced not to attack the Ferrengi until late in the game when you are very powerful!


                  According to the docs, the alien races will not hold a grudge if they don't survive and can't contact others of their race. In other words, if you can finish them off before they hit a sector with another member of their race, they will never know who hit them (and thus not hold a grudge).

                  Other things to know about grudges:

                  -- Not all races hold grudges. Alien traders don't, Ferrengi do. Cylons? Not telling.

                  -- All begrudging races have a finite list of who they hate, and it's in order of ferocity. That is to say, if you blow up 5 Ferrengi fighters they will hate you a lot less than someone who destroys multiple Ferrengi capital ships. And, they will persue the traders they hate the most first.

                  -- If the list of hated traders is full and someone new is added to the list, the least hated person gets a break and is pushed off. So you can get off the hook if somebody else really messes with the Ferrengi.

                  Dan
                  Firaxis Games, Inc.

                  Dan Magaha
                  Firaxis Games, Inc.
                  --------------------------

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    More notes (and clarifications) for those not in the know:

                    The Ferrengi grudge list is 10 players long (so the way the games are now, no chance of ever leaving the list if you get on it ;>), you can only be on the list once, but each time you attack them, you go back to first on the list. How MUCH you destroy in your attack is actually meaningless to the way the grudge list works. Destroy one fighter and let them survive to tell the tale, and you're their #1 target until someone else becomes #1 and pushes you down the list.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X