This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corporations

Half the fun of Tradewars is teaming up with like minded traders, good or evil, and scheming to impose your collective will on the rest of the galaxy. To this end, the Corporations thread was formed.

Put your name down here if you're interested in joining a corporation to combine your efforts.

Corporations can post their corporate profiles in this thread to advise the galaxy of their profit motive

Registered Corporations: (click for profile)

1) Invincible Inc. -- Members:Glanville Wrest NPC

2) SPQR -- Members: Aeturneus, Tukachevsky

3) MSFT -- Members: Burbel, Oerdin

4) Apolyton.net -- Members: MarkG

5) McBurbels -- Members: Solarwind
    Last edited by aeturneus; December 22, 2004, 20:33.
    "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte

Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

Corporation Name: Invincible Inc.

Corporation Number: 1

CEO: Glanville Wrest - administrator controlled NPC.

Colonies: None

Estimated Net Worth: Billions of credits.

History: Invincible Inc. was the brainchild of Cornelius Wrest, a young quantum physicist in the early 21st century who anticipated the devastating effects of nanotechnology on the environment. His warnings went unheeded by the United Nations, however, until the floods of the 2050's, which precipitated the global famine. At this point, the U.N. unanimously voted in favour of contracting atmospheric cleanup to Wrest's fledgeling corporation, a deal worth billions of dollars. Invincible Inc. has operated hand in hand with the feds since that time, and has become incredibly wealthy... and incredibly corrupt.

Membership: Any trader with a ship can now join Invincible Inc. and recieve a passport of immunity from federal search and seizure, and any who harass members of this corporation are quickly brought to justice. Membership comes at a price, however, as employees must not attack any other traders in order to preserve the "economic interests" of the corporation; considerable revenues are generated each year from "protection" fees.

Special: All members immune from attack. Members must not attack anyone, must not let their alignment drop below 0, and cannot place toll fighters or attack fighters. Members receive a 30,000 credit bonus on succesfully joining Invincible Inc. but must pay this money back double in order to avoid "reprecussions" when they leave the organization. This corporation is designed to help new players find their feet in the Tradewars galaxy.

Password: Since this corporation is open to all new players, the password is publically available. the password is: HELPME

Some time shortly after you join Invincible Inc. you will recieve a message from the CEO detailing the responsibilities and benefits of the position.
    Last edited by aeturneus; December 22, 2004, 18:56.
    "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

I'm not sure exactly which corp I want to belong to but it's clear that playing a solo game of TW2002 is a death sentence. I used to play TW back in the late 80's and early 90's but I haven't really touched the game in the last 10 years, however, I'd like to talk to a few people about forming a mixed corp. Anyone interested?
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
        I'm not sure exactly which corp I want to belong to but it's clear that playing a solo game of TW2002 is a death sentence. I used to play TW back in the late 80's and early 90's but I haven't really touched the game in the last 10 years, however, I'd like to talk to a few people about forming a mixed corp. Anyone interested?
        Ah, mixed corps, and the joy of being so bad, and still chauffered around by a maxed-out ISS... no better getaway vehicle

Are we going to do mixed corps? Or will we stick with the good vs. evil thing we've done in the past? I'm open to either option, but intend to play good either way.
        - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

I never played here in the past so I really don't know what the traditions are. They way we used to play lots of people did mixed corps but eventually had to have their blue go red to avoid the daily mixed corp penalty.

Comment

Sorry, I was thinking mega-corp for some reason, which we've never done. Mixed corps have been done, but as you say they are hard to maintain by the end of the game... not to mention challenging to co-ordinate day-to-day. Obviously profitable, but challenging. Good luck!

I think we should decide what the maximum corp size should be - 5 would clearly be too big in an 11 person game, if that's what we end up with. Perhaps we should even stick to 2 player partnerships to prevent über corporations of 3-4 players from dominating. Personally, I'd prefer to keep them small, given the number of players, at least in this game - thoughts?

If we do a partnership I'd be interested in running a blue corp with someone other than burbel, so I still have the outside chance of podding him...
            - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Corporation Name: SPQR

CEO: Aeturneus

Past: SPQR has its roots in the last days of the Roman empire. A secret society scheming for the restoration of the Imperium Romanum since the empire fell to barbarians, the SPQR was unknown until after the materials wars, when the Senate suddenly seemed to be holding all the cards. Distributing meals to starving people, initiating communal housing projects, and starting special schools for gifted children, the popularity of the SPQR quickly began to outstrip the Federated Assembly of Nations. When the FAN moved to sieze terrestrial SPQR assets on charges of market manipulation that are widely disbelieved by the adoring public, SPQR was able to retain only a small merchant marine that had been purchased with donations - but they never lost the love of the people.

Present: The SPQR seems to be able to use its continuing popularity with the people to hold off federal prosecution for ongoing practices of market manipulation, and, some say, outright robbery in the far reaches of the galaxy. It remains to be seen whether or not the SPQR will be able to recover from federal seizure of their assets and actually accomplish their ancient objectives, but there are rumours of a massive colonization project that will soon offer to take millions of SPQR loyalists to found a better world. The SPQR will have to tread a fine line as they struggle to regain financial independence while maintaining a tentative peace with the Federation.

Membership: Aeturneus, Tukachevsky, and several thousand operatives across Terra, organizing the vangaurd of the new Imperium.
              Last edited by aeturneus; December 22, 2004, 18:56.
              - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Hmm, I'd say, for competition's sake, we should keep the corp size small, maybe 3 tops. I'd also say, to keeps things interesting, that the folks that are, ahem, confident in their abilities might not want to corp, and save corporations for folks that want to team up against them.

Just a thought...

Comment

Small corps are good. If corps get to large then solo traders can't compete so 2-3 people per corp is about right.

Comment

Yes, I agree. Also, SPQR will not be holding elections for vacant senate seats untill there is some viable competition. Furthermore, what is the story behind the MSFT corporation, that shadowy organization plotting against the new Imperium?
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

MSFT's corporate goals are, at this time, undeclared.

Look for a press release in the coming days.

Comment

Corporation Name: Apolyton.net

Corporation Number: 4

CEO: MarkG, Owner Of All This Empty Space As Far As A Long Sensor Can See

Colonies: None

Estimated Net Worth: Gazillions of credits.

History: We were here before time and we will be there after some time.

Membership: All players welcome as long as they dont belong in another corporation (CEO's of other corporations excluded)

Special: We dont attack anyone before we get down, have a discussion and the CEO decides

Password: Contact via TW mail or Apolyton PM
                        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Corporation Name: McBurbels
                          CEO: Solarwind, joint ruling with Ronald Mcburbel
                          History: McBurbels was founded on the ashes of McDonalds, as the notorious trader Burbel rose to pwer in the galaxy. Sever bright minds saw the oppurtunity to make a "killing" off of it, and so the first truly evil corp was formed.
                          Their burgers were poisoned, their drinks were straght acid.
                          But they sold well. Boy, did they sell well.
                          Membership: Billions upon Billions of McBurbel staff, and Solarwind.
                          McBurbles! Making your Burbleburgers since whenver we were founded!

Comment

So Burbel isn't in McBurbels?

Comment

Nope, Burbel isn't in McBurbels. Heck, he's never been affiliated with McBurbels in any way at all!
                              McBurbles! Making your Burbleburgers since whenver we were founded!

Comment

Working...
                              X