Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Civ2 PBEM Diplomacy - Beta 2.0 Annoucement!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still can't run this (need more RAM before I can install OSX) How does it handle No, No techs?
    Is it still possible to exchange these by misstake? (it is in online MP and can have horrible effects as the designer didn't intend for that to happen and thus assigned all kinds of obsoletion values to them).
    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Well, Henrik, I didn't notice that problem (No, No) before. Thank you

Rigth now, I'm checking they way to hide those techs from barters
      Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

I hope this is the last beta. I have added the feature Henrik ask for: you can not trade with tech that have prerequisites:

no, no

The no,no thing is explained here:

Leon Marrick said
        To avoid a advance being traded or stolen (in versions after 2.4.2 only), appearing in the on-line help, or on the science minister's report, set its prerequisites to "no"s. To help avoid its being trading or demanded in earlier versions, give it an AI-value of zero.
        Attached Files

Comment

Be sure not to include no, nil or nil, no in that category though, those two are unresearchable but tradable in the normal game, and thus should be here too.
          No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Yes. I only disallow trade if there are two times no

Comment

I found a bug in PBEM Diplomacy tool (v 2.1): it don't increase your tech count (and your tech cost) after you receive a tech.

Yaroslav is informed, but I don't know if he can repair it fast, so temporarily I attach a program that can increase your tech count.
              Choose your color, load game, look at original tech number and increase it by number of techs you received using PBEM Diplomacy tool. Save is immediate and automatic.
              Attached Files
              Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

Thank you, ST. I'll send you an email and correct the thing (easy) this weekend, as I'm today very tired after my trip.

I've found that the tech count doesn't affect only to the tech cost but also to the AI's attitude. Lesser the counter, better the attitude.

Comment

When you correct it, don't forget to e-mail me with the updated version
                  "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
                  "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
                  The Spanish Civilization Site
                  "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

Of course, The Spanish Site is the offical place of the utility, and I'll publish it there before anywhere else

Comment

Working...
                    X