The last turns of Civ2 scens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last turns of Civ2 scens

I have a problem when playing many excellents scen of Civ2, like Bebro's "Imperium Romanum", Paul Cullivan's "Bronze Age", Jesus' Balsnide "Age of Thunder" and more: I can't finish them!

Why? Well, when the scens are near end, the game gets boring: only move and move units from one extreme of the map to another in order to take the last few cities...

How you bypass the borings last turns?
    Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Me neither.

Comment

Either stop playing once victory is clear or begin it as a challenge to win as quickly as possible.

Sometimes having a comparison game adds motivation - Try to beat another player at a scenario.
      The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
      intelligence to few.

Comment

I have seen this also, mainly with WWII scenarios, or others that have an extremly large amount of troops.

There really isn't much that can be done, which is why I have now come to favor railroads, as they make war faster and more decisive (I used to agree that it was unrealistic, but so is a whole stack being destroyed when one unit is defeated outside a fortress).

I have found I enjoy scenarios that require far less troops far more, and I often place troop limitations on my own builds to avoid having to move 100+ units perturn.
        Sometimes this makes things longer, but usually it is more fun.

I just don't enjoy hour long turns, where the loss of 30 units doesn't kill you, I much prefer small armies and decision making, and I have finished a large number of scenarios (in fact, every scenario I ever reviewed I played at least three times).
        I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
        i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

I usually fortify all those units I don't need, or disband them entirely.
          Actually, recruiting a new army for a new campaign and disbanding the old one after the campaign's done is a good way.
          It adds a bit of a challenge to the game as well.
          Follow the masses!
          30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Yeah, it gets boring in the end. Well, it wasn't boring in Spanish pride for example because I conquered entire map
            earlier in a serie of blietzkriegs and was just waiting with
            a howitzer and a couple of bombers by the last Moorish city.
            But Mongols by Harlan for example, or Red Front, it was
            a nightmare when it comes to that.
            "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
            I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
            Middle East!

Comment

Working...
            X