X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ2 PBEM Diplomacy ----- BETA 2!

This is the official thread for Civ2 Diplomacy, Beta version 2

Original thread (Beta Version 1):

Last edited by yaroslav; August 22, 2002, 16:54.
    Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

There is the new BETA version 2

Unzip the Civ2Dip.zip in your desktop and double-click on the Civ2Dip.jar

This must work

Edited: Upgraded to BETA Version 2.1 (problems with BETA version 2.0 --- see below!)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by yaroslav; August 25, 2002, 13:20.

Comment

New in this BETA

* New and improved diplomacy screen

* Multilingual support (Spanish and English)

* Security loop closed: You can’t now view offers that aren’t directed to you

* Civ name near leader name

* If there is an embassy, don't display those techs that the civs have in common.

* New barter-file format (sorry: barters are non compatible from/to BETA version 1)

* Improved security

Comment

Multi-lingual Support

If you want to add a language to the utility, I will more than pleased. French, German, Italian are a must

If you want to help, I'll send you a text file with strings to translate...

Thank you in advance.

Comment

mmm... i need a password to open the file yaros!!
          South Atlantic Conflict v1.2 - Civ II Scenario
          Iron Curtain v1.1 - Civ II Scenario

Comment

See thread one. I don't want a open beta-test until I am sure that the utility works better than worse

But, I figue that you want to be a beta-tester, so I'll send you the password.

Read the documentation and try it!

BTW, It's time for me to go bed. Seriously...

Comment

Wow, , Yaros, you are faster than those lazy Firaxians , that's good.

I'm afraid I won't be available today, my father is monopolising the computer today and I am going to the cinema with some of my friends.
              «… Santander, al marchar te diré, guarda mi corazón, que por él volveré ». // Awarded with the Silver Fleece Medal SEP/OCT 2003 by "The Spanish Civilization Site" Spanish Heroes: "Blas de Lezo Bio" "Luis Vicente de Velasco Bio" "Andrés de Urdaneta Bio" "Don Juan de Austria Bio"

Comment

Well thanks to this little application, I am now able to launch the jar file
                However upon launch I get the following error message:
                "The Main Class launcher could not be loaded. Either it is not the class path or has a static initializer that uses a class not in the classpath."

This might very well be becouse I am still using Mac OS 9 though, and as you said the program uses a newer version of java than is available to me currently
                No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Originally posted by Henrik
                  Well thanks to this little application, I am now able to launch the jar file
                  However upon launch I get the following error message:
                  "The Main Class launcher could not be loaded. Either it is not the class path or has a static initializer that uses a class not in the classpath."

This might very well be becouse I am still using Mac OS 9 though, and as you said the program uses a newer version of java than is available to me currently
                  I believe that the answer is yes, because MAC Os 9 use Java 1.1.8 or less, and my code need, at least, Java 1.2

If I have enough time, I will work this weekend on a solution

Comment

Finally I could return on time to post a few things.

May I replace the utility, Yaros?

Vamos, que si empiezo a usar la nueva o sigo con la vieja un poco más.
                    «… Santander, al marchar te diré, guarda mi corazón, que por él volveré ». // Awarded with the Silver Fleece Medal SEP/OCT 2003 by "The Spanish Civilization Site" Spanish Heroes: "Blas de Lezo Bio" "Luis Vicente de Velasco Bio" "Andrés de Urdaneta Bio" "Don Juan de Austria Bio"

Comment

I think that you can use the new. It's better and the only problem is that offers that you did with BETA 1 will not open corretcly on BETA 2

Comment

[QUOTE] Originally posted by Henrik
                        [URL=http://homepage.mac.com/townsend/programs/
                        [/QUOTE]

I added this info to the manual

Thank you!

Comment

Ok let's go with the second test with the second Beta.

So, the first betatestgame will be with the classic and vastly known scenario about Rome, included with every single Civ II.

After checking the order, the first runs as the following:

- Celts (Computer)
                          - Romans (Human)
                          - Cartaghinians (Human)
                          - Macedonian Greeks (Computer)
                          - Egyptians (Computer)
                          - Seljucids (Human)
                          - Greeks and Allies (Computer)

As you can see, there are human players and computer players mixed, in order to test if there is any proplem in a PBEM mix.

So I play the first turn with the romans, pulsed Ctrl + N and saved the .net file.

Then, keeping Civ II active (in order to check for information about my future requests) I run the second Beta, it is only one file and that is very good , but it woulb be better if the file was an .exe and not a strange .jar

Ok, I run the application, no problem, and select my language, Spanish, obviously, but is very curious, there are three options in the menu, one English and two Spanish, perhaps only a bug. I select Spanish, and then the problem dissapear, only two options are since now available, "English or Spanish".

Then I select the net file, I saved previously and then my current faction, the Romans. Although the application changed the messages into Spanish, the names of the Civilizations are still in English (perhaps because my MPGE is in English, and the application is reading the my net file).

Then I establish a password, and then I try to make a barter but when I select my target Civ (the next human Civ because there is no sense selecting no human players), I cannot continue with the following step, the utility does not do anything at all.

OH MY GOOD, WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?

It has nothing to do with the Civ II activated nor with the language, perhaps with the location of the .jar file? I tried puting it with the previous beta, but nothing happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Kramsib
                            OH MY GOOD, WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
                            Congratulations! You find a bug! Now, I'll start working on that. Thank you so much...

I will post a upgraded beta version of the first and second post of this thread. I hope this nigth I will find and correct the bug!

Thank you again

Comment

Documentation

Bug solved! I put the new JAR version on the second post of this thread!

BTW, a '.exe' file will not run on MAC, so java does not support it, Kramsib

Here's the documentation
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X