Help for a new scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help for a new scenario

I want to create a scenario about the anglo-saxon invasion of Britania (5th century) and the resistance of Britanni (romans) and Britons (celts), inspired by the book "The lantern bearers", by R. Sutcliff.

But I'm not able to find information. Can somebody help me? I'm looking for information about cities, military, etc.

Thanks a lot.
    "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
    "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
    The Spanish Civilization Site
    "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Most tribes led by a warrior king, more a despot than a royal - He could be succeeded by his sons, but only if the son had proved his worth in battle. Often numerous despots were loyal to one king.

Most warriors fought with swords, axes, or clubs. Projectiles were limited to spears, iirc.

Longboats were the preferred ship. They were used for transporting troops and trade goods as well as for actual raiding.

The Britanni were a better armed lot, even employing knights.

As for cities, I don't remember any reference. One thing I do know is that any town in England that ends in -by was probably a Norse settlement (means -farm). I'll look at home for any useful book...
    The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
    intelligence to few.

Comment

Why don't you do something 'hispanic' e.g. the invasion of the visigoths, or the vandals razinf your land? So many british history scenarios, so few Spanish history ones...

Comment

Discover the latest breaking news in CA and around the world — politics, weather, entertainment, lifestyle, finance, sports and much more.

http://www.anthro.mankato.msus.edu/p...ngs/asinv.html (mismo contenido)

Discover the latest breaking news in CA and around the world — politics, weather, entertainment, lifestyle, finance, sports and much more.

cohone hay un güebo de güebs ahi afuera

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Bee
          Why don't you do something 'hispanic'
          nice idea, hmmm lemme think...i wonder which scn about spanish history hasn't been done yet

Comment

Thanks a lot waku, I'll take a loot at these links.

Comment

If you need a tester in the future, I will be there for you
              Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

There is a lot of Spanish history scenarios not done yet. There is a lot of Britain history scenarios already. It seems Jasev's is gonna be just another one

Comment

If Jasev do it, It can not be 'another one'

Also I like the idea of a Spanish scen, but I am not against a English scen

Comment

Originally posted by jasev
                    Thanks a lot waku, I'll take a loot at these links.
                    No problem, lemme know if you're looking for something more punctual

Originally posted by Jay Bee
                    There is a lot of Spanish history scenarios not done yet.
                    Sure, but there's still an unforgivable lack

Comment

So true, so true.

Jasev please, do something to remedy such an unforgivable lack!

Comment

Succession war, maybe?

Or Pizarro? The Spanish armada?

Comment

Nope, the Peninsular War

Comment

Oh, I forgot about that. Long time ago, I tried to do it but it wasn't an easy war to translate it into Civ2.

Comment

If I only were more patiente and more expert with graphics...

Comment

Working...
                              X