Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ2 scenes and books!

Another of my crazy and stupids ideas!

I think that we can start a thread (this ) where we put one of our favourite scen and a good book (or some chapters of a good book) that can work as background for the scen!

In this way, we'll win a list of scens to try first time (or to remember) and a good book for read the summer!

Do you think that is useful?

I will start:

Scen:

THE CONQUEST OF MEXICO (THE AZTEC'S ROAD TO EMPIRE) by Jesus Balsnide

Book:

The conquest of Mexico, by Hugh Tomas (It's deal with the Spanish conquest of Mexico, no the aztecs, but the firsts chapters describe the aztec empire, their history and their way of life in a very clean manner)
    Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

"The Sun God cries over Mexico" -- Laszlo Passuth

Comment

que cosas mas raras se os ocurren, a mi nunca se me habria ocurrido algo asi, yaros, ¿que es lo que hiciste anoche?

Pero aqui va el mio:

Lord of the rings de Tolkien-> Moria de no se quien y el señor de los gramillos de harlan

Comment

SCEN:
        Age of Thunder (JB).

BOOK:
        Felipe de España (Henry Kamen). De los pocos (si no el único) libros de Felipe II que trata al Rey Prudente sin admitir de antemano los prejuicios de la peor leyenda negra. Lo sarcástico del tema es que ha tenido que venir un inglés a escribirlo...

Comment

Je, je, precisamente yo me base en ese libro para hacer el escenario. Incluso el titulo esta sacado de ahi

Comment

Guerra de Granada de Pedro Hurtado de Mendoza para el mio de las Alpujarras.

¿vale poner escenarios propios y libros en los que los base?

Comment

Originally posted by Alfonsus72
              Felipe de España (Henry Kamen). De los pocos (si no el único) libros de Felipe II que trata al Rey Prudente sin admitir de antemano los prejuicios de la peor leyenda negra. Lo sarcástico del tema es que ha tenido que venir un inglés a escribirlo...
              "Felipe II y su tiempo" de Manuel Fernández Álvarez, es bastante benévolo hacia FII. No sé si más que el de Kamen, porque ese no lo he leído.
              "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
              - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Por cierto, conocéis algún libro sobre Bernando de Gálvez, Blas de Lezo o en general sobre la América colonial española del XVIII?. Estoy bastante picao con el tema ultimamente, gracias a los links que habéis posteado, pero encuentro bastante poca info, sobre todo en español.

Comment

escenario y libro:
                  Sacrificial Blood by Shay Yates Roberts. 3 scenarios based on the Mayan Popol Vuh.

libro bueno:
                  [ingles] A very interesting book to read about Inca mythology and cosmology is 'Secret of the Incas' by D. Sullivan. He figured out how to read history from Inca myths, discovering a possible reason for their expanse as empire - an attempt to "stop" the progression of time and overturning of their world. It includes much info about their astronomy. Tho it cannot be called empirical research (and thus western science), I believe Sullivan has really hit upon some brilliant concepts with this book - things that will always be overlooked by empirical scientists trying to enveil history; The case of not seeing the forest for all the trees. Very engrossing, informative, and enlightening. I don't know if it is translated into español... [/ingles]
                  The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                  intelligence to few.

Comment

Scenario: The fall of the roman empire (from Mark Laanen)

Book: Ravenna, from Lazslo Passuth
                    "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
                    "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
                    The Spanish Civilization Site
                    "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

Originally posted by kIndal
                      Guerra de Granada de Pedro Hurtado de Mendoza para el mio de las Alpujarras.

¿vale poner escenarios propios y libros en los que los base?
                      Yes, of course

Comment

Originally posted by Marquis de Sodaq
                        escenario y libro:
                        Sacrificial Blood by Shay Yates Roberts. 3 scenarios based on the Mayan Popol Vuh.

libro bueno:
                        [ingles] A very interesting book to read about Inca mythology and cosmology is 'Secret of the Incas' by D. Sullivan. He figured out how to read history from Inca myths, discovering a possible reason for their expanse as empire - an attempt to "stop" the progression of time and overturning of their world. It includes much info about their astronomy. Tho it cannot be called empirical research (and thus western science), I believe Sullivan has really hit upon some brilliant concepts with this book - things that will always be overlooked by empirical scientists trying to enveil history; The case of not seeing the forest for all the trees. Very engrossing, informative, and enlightening. I don't know if it is translated into español... [/ingles]
                        Yes, it's exists.

It's called "El secreto de los Incas", but the autor is called W. Sullivan and not D.Sullivan. A typo error?

Comment

"Of celts and Iberians"

Books:

Rome's enemies, Spanish Armies by Rafael Treviño
                          Fine study of Iberian forces and the campains fought here in the era of Roman conquest.

Armies of the Carthaginian wars by Terence Wise
                          Describes both the Roman and Carthigian forces in detail.

Warfare in the classical world by John Warry
                          Includes a fine timeline and covers many eras, including this one.
                          Last edited by Chris 62; June 29, 2002, 14:21.
                          I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                          i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Originally posted by Chris 62
                            Treviño

Comment

Originally posted by yaroslav
                              It's called "El secreto de los Incas", but the autor is called W. Sullivan and not D.Sullivan. A typo error?
                              aaa, si, William Sullivan... (gracias!)
                              The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                              intelligence to few.

Comment

Working...
                              X