Civ2 Wonders:Leo and Mike.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ2 Wonders:Leo and Mike.

In DAWN PBEM, Jay says that I have the best game of all with my wonder: Mike.

But I think that Leo's Workshop is better.

What do you think?
    Leo's Workshop is better!
    43.75%
    Michelangelo's Chapel is better!
    56.25%
    Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

I think these are the two best wonders, and it's difficult to say which one is better; I suppose it depends on your game style.

For example, I always have a lot of colonists; so when I discover explosives, I really enjoy to see them evolve to engineers
    I think Leo's better. And I prefer his paintings rather than Mike's!
    "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
    "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
    The Spanish Civilization Site
    "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

Originally posted by jasev

For example, I always have a lot of colonists; so when I discover explosives, I really enjoy to see them evolve to engineers
      Yes: a glorious moment!

Comment

Mikes is better since it never expires (though i do love those settler-engineer transformations )
        No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Originally posted by Henrik
          Mikes is better since it never expires (though i do love those settler-engineer transformations )
          Estoy de acuerdo, pero solamente si puedo construir uno: El de Miguel. ( my ''esposa'' helped me with the spainish)

Comment

On one hand Leo upgrades automatically your units to the newests saving shields of the new units.

But on the other hand, Mike's Chapel saves the cost of building Cathedrals (in the same continent, so it is useless on an island) and their maintaining costs.

So it depends not only on the way you play but also on the size of the continent you are playing.

I voted for Leo.
            «… Santander, al marchar te diré, guarda mi corazón, que por él volveré ». // Awarded with the Silver Fleece Medal SEP/OCT 2003 by "The Spanish Civilization Site" Spanish Heroes: "Blas de Lezo Bio" "Luis Vicente de Velasco Bio" "Andrés de Urdaneta Bio" "Don Juan de Austria Bio"

Comment

Mike's works in every city, not just the continent.

Comment

Exactly. Is Bach the wonder that only works on one continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacobite1688

Estoy de acuerdo, pero solamente si puedo construir uno: El de Miguel. ( my ''esposa'' helped me with the spainish)
                  She did a good work

Comment

Originally posted by yaroslav
                    Exactly. Is Bach the wonder that only works on one continent.
                    Yup, atleast as far as the pedia and manual goes, but ingame even that really works for all cities, not just one continent.
                    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

All cities? I think that not in all cities, all games. But continent are flexible and in many game one continent=all your cities...

At least that I believed until today

Comment

Originally posted by Jacobite1688
                        Spot on!!!

That's exactly the point. Once you got Leo it's easier to "conquer" Mike

Comment

Mike's Chapel. Of course.

Old units are left to death when they get obsolete. War is their destiny or I license them to earn some shields. I can pass without Leo's Workshop. But the Sistine Chapel is forever useful, you should multiply its usefulness by each city you have. People happy with no cost.
                          Actualidad y otros desperdicios

Comment

Miguel! When expanding on higher levels, the happiness is unbeatable, and it never expires. Leo's is my second choice of all the wonders, tho. If it didn't expire, it would be perfect.
                            The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                            intelligence to few.

Comment

I also think is Michel's Chapel. When I see the thread, and teh poll, I'm surprised

I'm a empire building not a warmonger
                              Israel = apartheid

Comment

Working...
                              X