A new utility for Civ2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new utility for Civ2

I have a idea for Civ2 PBEMs. This summer I will try coding a program for PBEMs that do these things:

1) First and most important: easing the human interactions in PBEMs. All we now that humans can't do diplomacy in PBEM. So, my programs will do: you move on Civ2, you run my program and do the offer. Next player download the turn from Apoly ( ) and run my program. My program presents the oferts from others players and, when diplomacy is finish, run the Civ2 and load (if possible) the game.

2) Earthquakes. My program can generate, if a PBEM is programed for this thing, randomly a earthquake: modify the map and the save file so a new terrain is generate or a existing terrain will dissapear.

I think that hex-editing the saves (the thing that my program will do) have more posibilites.

What do you thin about this idea? Do you think that is useful?
    Last edited by yaroslav; April 1, 2002, 17:10.
    Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Thank you, Shaka.

Comment

Comment

excelent

Comment

How about a utility that forbids certain productions in certain cities under certain leadership? I could really use that.

Comment

ElAwr, mind to elaborate? Please?

Comment

In a PBEM? Can you explain, El-Awerence?

Comment

Excellent idea, Yaroslav!!
                Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Me parece una idea estupenda, pero (y que conste que yo no tengo ni idea de todo esto), tú crees que lo de la diplomacia podrá hacerse bien?
                  "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
                  - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

But what about the poor mac user

Unless you code it in java (which theoretically should make it compatible) you'll have to port it for the mac, and well, somehow I don't find that very likely
                    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Yes, good idea!

Along with earthquake, you could add volcano, too. Randomly add a new mountain during the game...
                      The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                      intelligence to few.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiera
                        Me parece una idea estupenda, pero (y que conste que yo no tengo ni idea de todo esto), tú crees que lo de la diplomacia podrá hacerse bien?
                        Lo voy a intentar al menos

Comment

Originally posted by Henrik
                          But what about the poor mac user

Unless you code it in java (which theoretically should make it compatible) you'll have to port it for the mac, and well, somehow I don't find that very likely
                          Well. I don't know what language I will use: Java and C++ are my favourites. Java has the adventage of portability, but a Java Application need the Java Virtual Machine, and I don't know if all users will download 6 MB in order to run the application.

But I can write it in C++ using MFC. Microsoft says that MFC Applications are MAC-compatible. I haven't test it but.... Also, I don't know anybody with a Mac, so if I wrote it in MFC or Java, I will need testers

The language is not choosen. It's early. I'll wrote the program in summer.

Have you another idea? I think that you must have many, many ideas, Henrik

Comment

Working...
                          X