Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This was originally going to be an e-mail...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This was originally going to be an e-mail...

..but since

a) I can't get people's e-mail addresses here and
    b) Damn Excite Mail hasn't been working properly recently

I going to post it here - it may also get more people interested

Hi guys,

I've been thinking - would you been interested in joining me in creating a portal for civ-gamers which would be in both English and Español (for the moment at least)? Bascially people would post news etc. in English and then others could translate it into Spanish so that people who don't have a full grasp of English aren't excluded. We could also expand on the Spanish Civilization II Site - one idea I've had is a file library where users can download all types of files. If this idea is to go ahead quite a few people will need to join so that I don't have to do everything on my own (like I had to do at CivGaming.net when I was part of their team), jobs that will need to be filled include news posters, forum moderators, translators and a vice-president to assist me generally. If you are interested (yey!), please e-mail me back and hopefully in the near future I'll be able to confirm whether this goes ahead or not.

Thanks for reading
    Chris
    Visit http://www.civgaming.net/

No-one interested?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Wilkinson
      No-one interested?
      It's an excellent idea and I will be more than glad to help you anytime you want.
      But do not ask me any commitment, I hate the responsabilities.

As I've said if there's anything I can do just lemme know

Comment

No-one interested?
        I'm very interested, but I'm not sure I'll have enough time to do it. I could try to "work" as translator, if you want.

Of course, I could accept a job as Executive Vice President, if the terms of the job are generous enough; please contact my secretary for details
        "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
        "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
        The Spanish Civilization Site
        "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

That's 2 people converted so far...we still need more, people!

jasev, I understand the problem with lack of time - it's the problem that dogs everything internet based If we get enough people it shouldn't be a problem though

Waku, ideas for things to put on the site will be required soon - I just need to get more people interested...

Comment

I can't jump in either but like the idea of expanding the Spanish Civ Site.

Comment

I'm interesting also, but I think that we must try expand Spanish Civ Site. But I haven't enough time until exams ended... 22th Febrary and my english is rather bad
              Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Bee
                I can't jump in either but like the idea of expanding the Spanish Civ Site.
                I'm seem to be getting support - I just need to find people to do some work!

I'm interesting also, but I think that we must try expand Spanish Civ Site. But I haven't enough time until exams ended... 22th Febrary and my english is rather bad
                I've also got exams at the moment then the fun of a driving test At the moment it's just planning and it would be a while before it could get setup - and don't worry about 'bad' English (it seems ok anyway), but being a translator shouldn't be too difficult - as long as you can understand the English it could just be re-written into Spanish - but if not there will be others who might be able to.

Comment

Also, we will need Spanish to English translationes, because we'll writing something, not only translate....

I've no problems translating from English to Spanish, so in this matter I can add up.
                  Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Originally posted by yaroslav
                    I'm interesting also, (...) and my english is rather bad
                    pues lo mismo
                    ¿pero que podría hacer?
                    además de mejorar mi inglés
                    Israel = apartheid

Comment

Also, we will need Spanish to English translationes, because we'll writing something, not only translate....

I've no problems translating from English to Spanish, so in this matter I can add up.
                      If you're not confident about your English it may be easier for the moment to only do Spanish->English - it may be slightly boring but there would also be other jobs needed on the Spanish section (en los foros etc.)

pues lo mismo
                      ¿pero que podría hacer?
                      además de mejorar mi inglés
                      ¿Ya hables ingles? Si es verdad, puedes hacer lo mismo de jaroslav, pero si no todavía existe otros trabajos para tí.

Comment

¿Ya hables ingles? Si es verdad, puedes hacer lo mismo de jaroslav, pero si no todavía existe otros trabajos para tí.
                        Hey, hablarlo, hablarlo, not exactly, but I can read something...
                        what kind of jobs?

However, I've a lot of things: work, study and anothers... I probably haven't enough time...
                        Israel = apartheid

Comment

Em... Chris, which are the duties of a forum moderator?
                          "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
                          "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
                          The Spanish Civilization Site
                          "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

After JB pulled out I'm the only one here who doesn't shy away saying he has bad english, but I don't have the patience for translations.

*the torment of many school projects that were translated by self are reminded to self*

Comment

Originally posted by jasev
                              Em... Chris, which are the duties of a forum moderator?
                              Keeping everyone in check in the forums, cutting out any spam etc., like what Jay Bee is here.

Comment

Working...
                              X