No announcement yet.

Spain's National Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I am not Spanish. I'm Argentine. And damn proud.

Weird thing is, we don't consider us tied to Spain, not much more than the Pakistanis or Maoris feel their ties with Britain. At least, that's what I see.

Comment

Originally posted by yaroslav
      I subscribe your last post, but, in the same way that I believe that is not better to be English that Spanish, I also believe that is not better to be Spanish that Engislh.
      The problem is talking about "better" and "worse". If you say you're better than the others, that's just plain racism in the end.

However, I don't see the problem in saying that you like to be Spanish, and that you think you'd like better being Spanish than being Dutch. That's my case.
      "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
      - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Originally posted by El Awrence
        Well, I am not Spanish. I'm Argentine. And damn proud.

Yes, I know Argentinians, Chileans, Mexicans, Colombians and even Bolivians are prouser of his country than us Spanish people. Isn't it strange? Perhaps it has to do with the fact of being relatively new countries.

Without offense to anybody, hasn't Spain acomplished much more than Uruguay or Venezuela?

(Edit: sorry, le di aledit en lugar de al reply with quote again. Pero recupere tu post intacto)
        Last edited by Jay Bee; October 13, 2001, 07:18.
        "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
        - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Is Spain in the OPEC? Is there Pilsen beer in Spain?

I think no.

Comment

Originally posted by El Awrence
            Weird thing is, we don't consider us tied to Spain, not much more than the Pakistanis or Maoris feel their ties with Britain. At least, that's what I see.

I really don't care much about this, as I am not an ultra-pan-hispanist, but that's not what I have read in Argentine newspapers or perceived from the very numerous Argentinians have met and became friend of in San Diego

Comment

Originally posted by Fiera
              Without offense to anybody, hasn't Spain acomplished much more than Uruguay or Venezuela?
              All those comparisons are unfair. there is no way to tell this. Whom you're going to ask? BTW, Uruguay is two times World Soccer Champion and Venezuela has won many Miss Universe titles. Ain't those huge accomplishments for you? They qualify as such in my book

Comment

*BUMP*
                I find this an interesting discussion.
                I have found patriotism/nationalism to be the cheapest way of making people believe they are better than others. Dunno what other people may think of that.

PS, Jay Bee, You're absolutely right. The Doors Rock
                Follow the masses!
                30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan Härtel
                  PS, Jay Bee, You're absolutely right. The Doors Rock
                  Yes, they do

Comment

Working...
                  X