Prom' site(s) of the month - part 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prom:

Getting back on topic, any news on the attack on Gibraltar?

Comment

Hmmm... Let me see around...

http://www.navwar.freeserve.co.uk/dutchwars.htm#spanish ...
      http://home.earthlink.net/~tvgidus/wreckovery13.html ...
      http://www.spanamwar.com/LeonNr38.htm...

Found a book!!! "Storia del mondo moderno", Garzanti Editore. "Il predominio francese" volume. I'll try to scan it ASAP.
      "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
      "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
      "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Il predominio francese... I know of someone who would be interested on that. She does not know yet...

PS. Anything from il predominio olandese?

Comment

Te estás volviendo todo un anti-holandés, Jay Bee... Qué hay de tu antigua admiración por Cruyff (Cruijff)?
          "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
          - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Oh, no, not at all. Hasta hace unas semanas no conocia un solo holandes que no fuera un/una gran tipo/a. Un poco antes de escribir el post de arriba acababa de leer un PM que me envio alguien hablandome precisamente de...ella!!!

BTW, has escaneado algun mapa para el website de Harlan? El ISG no esta fallando en esta tarea

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Bee

PS. Anything from il predominio olandese?
              Two books.
              Chris Wilkinson, "Uniforms of world"...
              "Storia del Mondo moderno - le guerre d'equilibrio europee"...

Websites.

boondocksnet.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, boondocksnet.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

"Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
              "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig

Comment

Originally posted by Prometeus
                Two books.
                Chris Wilkinson, "Uniforms of world"...
                I thought Chris was only writing courseworks...
                "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
                - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Credo che di Cristofori sian pieni i mari... a good book, anyway, with an entir section reserved to dutch armies.

Comment

OK, Prom, but we wanna hear your opinion about il predominio mondiale di olandese, that is, when they ruled the world uncontested

Comment

I think Holland never ruled the world all alone in a military way... it was kinda of "condominum" with England, France, Portugal and Spain, "con pardon agli olandesi".

The only remarkable thing Holland really realized was the birth of a pre-modern economy; that's why they survived as a colonial power - as well as England - even if in the meanwhile Spain and France empres went "belly up". For sure VOC structure and administration was better then Spanish or French colonial empires - see Lally's example ( governor of the French India during the Seven Years War)... ahem, Cape colony apart, of course. I never understood why they were forced to depend from Batavia...

Comment

He, he, I think so too. I was kidding. Someone in the Civ3 made that claim and I personally found it so laughable

Comment

Originally posted by Fiera
                          I thought Chris was only writing courseworks...
                          ...and I also used to be Britian's number 1 tennis player!

Visit http://www.civgaming.net/

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Wilkinson
                            ...and I also used to be Britian's number 1 tennis player!
                            Do not forget Colonization II

Confess! Which planet come you from Chris?

Comment

Confess! Which planet come you from Chris?
                              Like all men - Mars!
                              Visit http://www.civgaming.net/

Comment

to Chris

A green avatar will fit better, then...

To Jay Bee

If Cadiz is a day that will live in infamy, for sure Malaga's day is bookmarked as Cavolata's Day in naval battles' history... why French-hispanic fllet renounced to destroy Alleys?

Comment

Working...
                                X