Vote your colors, Spaniards!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote your colors, Spaniards!!!

The point: I found this picture of several Spanish battalions that taked an important role at Madonna dell'Olmo's battlefield. But there's room for only one of them, so... vote, VOTE, VOTE !!!!!!!
    14.29%
    14.29%
    14.29%
    14.29%
    14.29%
    14.29%
    14.29%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

"Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
    "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
    "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Ahem, the picture...

... is here!
    Attached Files
    "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
    "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig

Comment

White jackets were the most common in the Spanish Army, as the picture well shows. So any of the white jackets would do the trick

Comment

JB is right the white jackets are most common in Spanish army, and the trousers blue or red would be the best choice

Comment

non capisco il proposito di questo thread? stai parlando del colore d'un "unit" in un szenario tuo?
          scusi, il mio italiano e troppo povero, ma devo pratticarlo.
          "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
          "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Right, Wernazuma. The throuble is now that i found out also Piedmont and Austrian armies' most favourite color was white ( and, even worse, Piedmont grenadiers were dressed in white... ). Lack of tissue paintings in XVIII century? Kidding... Thanks for the info, kIndal.

PS A tip for your Spanish succession war scenario... two of the most bloody battlefield were in Italy - Bitonto and Velletri - and a cruel civil war opposed "carlisti" e "filippini" in Sardinia.

Comment

PS A tip for your Spanish succession war scenario... two of the most bloody battlefield were in Italy - Bitonto and Velletri - and a cruel civil war opposed "carlisti" e "filippini" in Sardinia.
              At first time I haven´t designed to make it as a European scenario, just a Spanish civil war, but after I have re thougth and it is very possible that if i finally make it I will amek a european war, I have one question about it: do you some good info about it, here in spain it isn´t a very popular war.
              Have you info about the uniforms?

Comment

Originally posted by kIndal

At first time I haven´t designed to make it as a European scenario, just a Spanish civil war, but after I have re thougth and it is very possible that if i finally make it I will amek a european war, I have one question about it: do you some good info about it, here in spain it isn´t a very popular war.
                Have you info about the uniforms?
                My main source is an illustrated comic book, designed by great Dino Battaglia ( good austrian uniforms, and general Stork is magnificent - but only a few english and french ones ). Got a romance "I Beati Paoli", about Sicilian kingdom around this era. Several good pics in this one too, but i need some time to find this weirdo.

These are just an appetizer... haven't scanned italian web yet. ***

Also in Italy Spanish Succession War isn't too much popular ( a lot more less then Polish and Austrian ones...).

*** I just found this one... more to come soon.

Comment

Simply magnific!!!

Many thank for the links I believe I don´t know anymore for the moment

So looks that my next scenario (after armadas one) will be "The Spanish succesion".

Comment

Yaiii!!! Cassano d'Adda, Chiari and Torino!!!!

This the official site of a v-game fully devoted to XVII-XVIII centuries, "Cossacks". good tips here, too.

And this is the newest member of "Cossacks" ' family group of sites,

Simply terrific... The more i search, the more info i get from the net!
                    Last edited by Prometeus; September 8, 2001, 14:45.

Comment

I voted for number 7.
                      "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
                      - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

I had not voted yet.... 4

Comment

ha, ha, now that I saw the results, this isn't being very helpful! Tight result at the very least...

Comment

Maybe no, JB!!!

PS another help for kIndal
                            Attached Files

Comment

Prom, I love your sig
                              rido ogni volta che lo leggo.

Comment

Working...
                              X