No announcement yet.

Philip Von Habsburg (Felipe el Hermoso)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philip Von Habsburg (Felipe el Hermoso)

A guy called Oscar Herrera from Mexico just left this message in the guestbook of TSCIIS:

"I am trying to find how long was Juana (daughter of Isabel & Fernando) married to Philip Von Habsburg? For what I know, Carlos I of Spain was this couple's firstborn son and heir to the crown. Philip was killed only two months after his kingship was established. then, how is it possible that Juan and Philip had two other children (Eleanor and Ferdinand I)? Could you clear this issue for me, please? Thank you".

his e-mail is: herbrew@earthlink.net

Somebody willing/able to clear up this issue for him?

A couple of things I did not know: Philip I was killed?

Who's that Ferdinand I? Wasn't the Catholic Monarch Ferdinand IV of Spain (Castile)?

Philip wasn't killed, he died indeed young (I can't remember his exact age now, but will look for it), probably becasue he didn't have a very good health. So Philip's administration (rather than reign or kingship) lasted for only three months (from July to Setember 1506).

Anyway, the couple had been married since 1497. so no problem in having two more children apart from Carlos (born in 1500).

Fernando I was Carlos' younger brother, the one who took charge of Austria and Hungary, and thus, head of the "other" branch of the Habsburg family.
    "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
    - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Re: Philip Von Habsburg (Felipe el Hermoso)

Originally posted by Jay Bee
      "I am trying to find how long was Juana (daughter of Isabel & Fernando) married to Philip Von Habsburg? For what I know, Carlos I of Spain was this couple's firstborn son and heir to the crown. Philip was killed only two months after his kingship was established. then, how is it possible that Juan and Philip had two other children (Eleanor and Ferdinand I)? Could you clear this issue for me, please? Thank you".

Who's that Ferdinand I? Wasn't the Catholic Monarch Ferdinand IV of Spain (Castile)?
      wow, I think, there's something mixed up. she was married to Philipp in 1496. He died in 1506 (killed?, don't know). So they were married more than 10 years. She had 6 children, the last, Catherine, was born 4 months after her fathers death.
      Karl was the 2nd born (after eleanor), he was married to Isabella, a daughter of his mother's sister Maria of Portugal

Ferdinand I ruled as german emperor after Carlos died in 1558.
      "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
      "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

OK, thanks, then it is more or less as I thought it was

Ferdinand I was one of the the 'political' reasons why Philip II did not inherit Austria-Hungary and also why there are two Silver Fleeces. But I thought he and Carlos I were only half-brothers. That's what confounded me.

Comment

Working...
        X