Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Música, mis cuates!

Originally posted by Chris62 over the OT forum
    I like talking music (...) plus you get a better look at people when you find out what kind of music they are into.
    I most certainly agree, so I have decided to 'transplant' the idea to this forum. So, guys what kind of music are you into?

I tend to like a bit of everything. But I am currently in a period of coming back to my origins, r'n'r. These are the people I listen to the most lately:

English: Moody Blues, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Bob Dylan, The Doors, Springsteen, Dr. Hook (those are really funny).

Spanish: Maná, Topo, Asfalto, Banzai, Barón Rojo, Triana, Alameda.

Jazz. Coltrane, Hancock, Miles Davis, Armstrong, etc, etc.

I like Dave Matthews and I love Queen.

Anything else, what I find on the radio. I don't really buy cds until their prices are down to $10, I''m a poor boy from a poor family

I download a lot of good music from movies and warfilms, which I listen to while playing civ to get in the mood of conquest.

Comment

Well, what i listen too is predicated on my moods, which are always changing.

Mostly classic rock from the 70s till the early 90s, some dance music also.

Lot's of different bands, no real fav.
      I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
      i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

As those of you hanging around the OT already know, I love 60s music. I've listened to everything I've been able to find from the late 60s, as well as from the late 50s and early 70s.

First records I was able to get my hands on were those of the Beatles (my dad owned them all), which were the ones who got me into listening music like crazy, and the ones that I still play on my head when I can't sleep or while I'm doing some other thing without paying much attention. I like all of their albums, but my favs are Revolver and Sgt. Pepper's.

When I was 16 I was introduced by friends into Deep Purple, Lynyrd Skynyrd and The Doors. Of those, I only keep listening to the Doors today, though I like very much the first Deep Purple albums (Shades of Deep Purple, Deep Purple...). "Hush" is one great song.

Later, attracted by a Mod revival (like 4/5 years ago), I got into the world of R'n'B. The Kinks and The Who. I keep downloading songs by them once and then, and I would say that Ray Davies is at the moment my favourite songwriter.

Lately I've been making good use of the Internet to broaden my 60s collection, downloading all those records that I never had made up my mind to own. Dylan, Clapton, George Harrison, the Rolling Stones, Jefferson Airplane, Beach Boys, etc.

As for Spanish music, not much, I'm afraid. The old ones: Los Pekenikes, Los Bravos, Los Brincos, Los Canarios... And from the 80s, I love Gabinete Caligari. Oh, and does Santana count as Spanish? And Manu Chao?

I also listen to more modern stuff, movies soundtracks and classic music, but this post is already long enough.

Edit: I used to listen to my dad's Moody Blues albums when I was a child too. I still love them.
        Last edited by Fiera; August 19, 2001, 16:47.
        "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
        - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Santana, how could I forget that.

Comment

*slaps ElAwrence in the face*
            - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

un fora de musica (operated by MarkG ) es: http://www.top40-charts.com/forums/

nosotros (might want to) visitamos (it)
              DC es siete member.
              -->Visit CGN!
              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

My greatest musical love, as some of You may already know, is Genesis,
                with Queen behind, and REM slowly loosing my support after their two last
                albums. I like Pink Floyd and Yes too. And other stuff...
                Of course, if succeed, You all will be listening to the same music soon...
                "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                  un fora de musica (operated by MarkG )
                  God, it's true! Doesn't Apolyton take enough of his free time already?
                  - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

I was also initiated into music with old vynils of the Beatles and Creedence clearwater revival... I still listen to those a lot.

I also enjoy a lot of classical music, and I love anything by John Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by El Awrence
                      I was also initiated into music with old vynils of the Beatles and Creedence clearwater revival... I still listen to those a lot.
                      CCR, how could I forget that...

- Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

*biatchslaps Fiera accross the face*

Comment

Martín, stop spamming this thread!

Anyways, what are we waiting to start the musical discussion? Will no one tell me that Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd beat the Beatles and the Kinks?
                          - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

We don't need to education!

The Wall was a very good movie...

*biatchslaps Fiera for good measure*

Comment

I've always found quite difficult to chose a band/artist as my favourite, I think the main reason is that don't like any style in particular, what I like are songs. But in any case I'd like to mention Dire Straits and Radio Futura.

Comment

Working...
                              X