San Miguel Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Miguel Sucks

I suppose this is the right place. I'd just like to say that my first experience of Spanish beer wasn't all that good.
    Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Agree 100%

Comment

Even the worst German beer is better than San Miguel or any of the well known Spanish beers, that's true...

But bear in mind that Spanish beer is not really tasty, 'cause you're supposed to have it along with some fine tapas.

Iain, where did you get the San Miguel, BTW?
      "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
      - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

And I agree 10000%. San Miguel is worse than pee. But thank God you haven't tasted Cruzcampo. If you ever go to Southern Spain and are offered that one just drink water

Technically, San Miguel is not a Spanish beer. I believe it is currently being made in the Philippines. I might be wrong though.

You've got to try Mexican. Those are the good beers. Corona, of course, is excepted.

Have you gotten into Bass Ale yet? I have recommended it to Stew quite a few times already but for some unknown (and unexplainable) reason he seems to be stuck to Beck's (= just another pissy beer).

Comment

Beck's I like. At least, it's relatively good tasting, ad it's one of the cheapest here.
          - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

One of my best friends in La Jolla (he's gone already ) was German, but born in La Plata, Argentina (he did not want to speak Spanish but understood it without any problem). He tried tried, and tried, and tried to lure me into Beck's.... until I introduced him into the astonishing world of the Mexican beer. He never ever got back to the Beck's thing.

Beck's ain't bad, it's only that there are like two hundred better bottled beers, San Miguel not being one of them of course

PS. He's now living in Copenhagen. I would not be very surprised if he was one of the many many many lurkers this forum has. Just in case I'm right: C'mon man, get out of the closet* once for all!!!

*just in a figurative sense.

Comment

Quilmes Cristal all the way, but if I move to Uruguay, I'll be drinking Pilsen like water.

*everyone stares at Hodad not knowing what the hell he's talking about*

Comment

No, I've tried Quilmes (you can find it in Californian supermarkets). It is... good. Yeah, it is. Different but good. BTW, Mr Races, you're not supposed to talk in a public forum about your beer tastes

Comment

Why not? I think 17 year-oldsters are allowed to have a beer in Argentina if they want too... In Spain too, aren't they?
                  - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Bueeee, I was just teasing him a bit. I know it's almost imposible to piss him off on anything, but I've got to try from time to time

Comment

Well, you know, he's Argentinian after all... Any of their national traumas will do fine if you want to tease him...
                      - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

There were a few of us around for a gathering and we nominated someone to get a couple of crates of beer. He came back with San Miguel, presumably because they'd sold out of everything else.

Mexican beer is a little hard to come by around here, perhaps with the example of the evil corporate crap. I don't recall anywhere around here selling Bass Ale either... I'm sure I'll find it somewhere.

My personal recommendation is Jennings' Cumberland Ale. Aside from a few scattered pubs in England, Jennings' ales are largely confined to the Lake District. But Cumberland Ale is awesome. I'm no "real ale" drinker but it is well worth a pint.

I don't like Beck's. It's got a funny taste... in theory it should be a generic lager but I'd rather drink even Foster's or Budweiser than Beck's...

Comment

Falkland Islands anyone?

Comment

I hate it when everyone agrees with me.

Comment

You're walking on thin ice, you evil limey scum!

Fiera's got it, que riesgo pais as 1500 puntos, la bolsa que se desploma, piqueteros que cortan hasta las peatonales y el riesgo de default, y aun nos reimos de todo eso...

Default...

Comment

Working...
                              X