Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query

Hi guys. I'm just responding to JB's shameless plug from a thread in another forum.

Anyway, my brother brought back this bottle, and I want to make sure it isn't poisonous.

I think it's Peach Schnapps... but here goes.

Licor de exquisito paladar, suave, con todo el sabor y aroma del melocotón. Ideal para después de las comidas. Aconsejamos tomarlo frio o acompañado con hielo.

Any takers?
    Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Hi Iain, good to see ya here

Yup, you're correct, that's Peach Schnapps. THe literal translation is: "Liqueur of exquisite taste, soft, with all the flavor and aroma of peaches. Recommended after lunch. Serve ice-cold or on the rocks"

It's interesting that your brother brought that from Spain. It's not a "typical Spanish" thing at all.

Comment

"Recommended after lunch" lol I had some this afternoon... with lemonade and ice-cream float.

He went to Lanzarote, so that's probably not so "typically Spanish"... I imagine he picked up the first cheap bottle he came to anyway...

On careful inspection, it does seem to have been made in mainland Spain, however... ah well.

I suppose this isn't the right place to say that Manchester United are going to win the Champions' League this year?

Comment

Come to think of it, I'm not sure about the "exquisite taste" either...

Comment

Lanzarote? You sure it's not banana Schnapps? I do not know what's the typical beverage of the islands but there are tons of bananas over there.

ManU have signed one of the best footballers of the world, no doubt about it. But the one we signed ain't bad either

Comment

It doesn't taste much like banana. Although, come to think of it, it doesn't taste much like peach either.

I'm just waiting for Madrid to go bankrupt... can't be long now. How much is the club in debt now?

Comment

Well, things seem to go much better than they look from the outside. Real Madrid sold a few terrains they had in the very heart of the city and this has been a real blow of fresh air for their pathetic finances.

Real Madrid would never go bankrupt anyway. If the debt reached an intolerable limit I am sure the Government would do something Real Madrid means too much for this country. I read once a very funny poll about what people from third world countries know better of Spain (i.e. people from places like Botswana, Lesotho, Nepal, Bahrein, Bhutan, etc). Numer one: Real Madrid. Number two: Julio Iglesias. Number three: Seve Ballesteros (the poll was conducted in the eighties). A bit sad, uh?

Comment

Actually the Spanish government's hands are probably tied now... given the EU's willingness to meddle in football I'm sure that given a nudge by one of Madrid's rivals, the Competition Commissioner would dive right after any "help" given.

It does seem rather odd that a club so much in debt can afford to spend £48m on a new midfielder (and one approaching 30, at that!). Didn't UEFA threaten to expel them once already from the European Cup?

Comment

Originally posted by *End Is Forever*
                  I'm just waiting for Madrid to go bankrupt...
                  Me too!!!

Originally posted by Jay Bee
                  Real Madrid would never go bankrupt anyway. If the debt reached an intolerable limit I am sure the Government would do something
                  What would be intolerable is that The Gov did something. This would be the typical act carried out by Banana Republics (or peaches )

Real Madrid means too much for this country.
                  Franco's football club doesn't mean a s h i t to me.

Comment

Peach Republics... maybe that would be San Antonio?

Comment

Who you guys think bought those terrains of Real Madrid that I referred to in my previous post? The Autonomous Government of the Community of Madrid. Most likely they paid for the terrains well above their actual price That's what I meant when suggested that the Central Government could help if needed. Real Madrid sells whatever and the authorities (Central Government, Regional Government or City Council) find a way to 'lend a hand', all done within the strictest legality.

Franco's football club doesn't mean a s h i t to me.

Absolutely. BTW, what was Franco's football club, Racing Ferrol?
                      Last edited by Jay Bee; July 22, 2001, 20:33.

Comment

That's why I don't see the point of supporting football clubs.

BTW Real Madrid supporters should pay an extra tax in their IRPF declaration

Comment

Originally posted by Waku
                          BTW Real Madrid supporters should pay an extra tax in their IRPF declaration
                          He, he, my love for Real Madrid does not go that far

Comment

Somehow I don't think the Californian tax authorities will be that interested in Real Madrid.

Comment

He, he, my love for Real Madrid does not go that far
                              We'll have to propose a deduction to those who don't support the Real Mandril

No te lo tomes demasiado en serio Jesús, tengo las mismas broncas con mis colegas por aquí

Comment

Working...
                              X