Menelik II PBEM Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Menelik II PBEM Game?

Has anyone ever tried playing Blackclove's Menelik II in a PBEM game? It seems to be a good choice for one, as it is fairly balanced and all civs with the exception of perhaps the Mahdists could be played.

This scenario is an all-time favorite of mine, and I'd like to be involved in a PBEM game regarding it. The only problem is, I haven't participated in one recently, and I've never participated in one on Apolyton. I wouldn't know what specifications I would need to participate in one, (although I am assuming MGE is one prerequisite).

Would anyone be interested in setting up a PBEM game of this scenario and introducing me to the concept? I think that the 6 civs other than the Mahdists (English, French, Portuguese, Italians, Turks, and Ethiopians) would all be balanced enough to make for an enjoyable game, but how are the chances of recruiting 6 players?

I'm just tossing this idea up in the air, thanks,

JP
    John Petroski
    PetroskiJP@hotmail.com

I'd be interested in playing as France, sure. But, I have one question:

- Do I need a certain version of MGE and if so, where can I find it?

- What version are we going to use if there are multiple versions? The readme in my copy has a production date of May 4, 1998, with no note on a version #.

Thanks,

JP
    Vudak@aol.comVudak@aol.com
    John Petroski
    PetroskiJP@hotmail.com

Comment

JOhn,

we are trying to play a new pbem game with the Jay Bee´s Time of Thunder

one nation is left, do you want to join us? you must play as France,

I don´t know if I´ll be able to play or not, if there are any countries left I´ll see
      Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
      Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
      miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Where can I get this scenario, J?

I think that you can download your copy of the MGE patch 1.3 (correct?) which is the one we all use (I think) from El Taranna... I'm sure someone will provide us with a link.

Comment

I'm assuming that you're inquiring about Menelik II. If that's the case, you can download it at Apolyton's own Civilization Scenario Collection under its XIX Century Scenarios section.

I've been looking into the scenario, and the only real problem that I can see right now is that negotiations between nations are, at the moment, not permitted, human, or computer.

This is easy to solve of course, but if anyone were to be interested in such a game, we would all need the same altered events file.

I'll alter it if anyone is interested.

Thanks,

JP
          John Petroski
          PetroskiJP@hotmail.com

Comment

I would like such a game, but it's not feasable for me right now, as I'm playing in seven of them right now.

It's a shame you didn't bring this up a while back, as I love the time period.
            I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
            i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Working...
            X