What's there in my new avatar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's there in my new avatar?

Yeah, that's it. I was beginning to miss our knoledge contests... What's my new avatar? Who's the guy in the picture?

To make it easier, I've posted here the whole image, but I've deleted some words that would have been a too powerful hint...

Edit: Sorry if the pic takes too much to load.
    Attached Files
    "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
    - Spiro T. Agnew

Tilting at windmills?

Isn't that an old illustration of Don Quixote from Cervantes?

Just a guess.

Exile
    Lost in America.
    "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
    "or a very good liar." --Stefu
    "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

Just a guess...

Pizzarro?
      I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
      i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Charles V?

Edit: I was posting here an answer to another thread

Comment

About time!

Hey Fiera! It just hit me that you got your post count back! Glad you can custom now! But I still think that everybody should be allowed to have their own...
          I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd

Comment

Re: About time!

I had said Bartolome de las Casas, but when I have seen him with armour

Comment

Alfonso XI?

Comment

Nope!

Well, I'm sorry, but I've gotta say that everybody's wrong so far... Keep on trying, guys!

Well, there's still Jay Bee to make his first attempt...
                - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

We need hints!

Originally posted by Fiera
                  Well, there's still Jay Bee to make his first attempt...
                  He is having trouble getting to Apolyton again, he told me in an e-mail yesterday. How about Cortez?

Comment

In fact, still Shaka has something to say... maybe he's having troubles too.

Well, some hints. This first one won't help much, but anyways.

Let's see, I must say that your first guess wasn't that far away. As a mater of a fact, the man in the picture was said to be greatly admired by Francisco Pizarro.

How's that for a hint?
                    - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Clearly it's a conquistador (reminds me so much of Cisneros though)

Comment

I only know one other Conquistador, I doubt it is the right one though :
                        Cortez?

Another person that could ahve been admired by a conquistador would be Ignatius Layola, but the picture doesnt look like him
                        No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Ummm could be EL Gran Capitan?

Comment

Dong! kIndal got it right!

Yeah, that's it, he's Gonzalo Fernández de Córdoba, el Gran Capitán.

I thin it could be kind of difficult because most people usually think of some other "look" when they think about El Gran Capitán.

But, in fact, this is the only contemporary image of him that I know. The ones that appear most commonly in books are portraits made thirty or fifty years after his dead, and thus are not trustworthy. This one is, it's from a medal made in 1503, possibly celebrating his victory over the French at Ceriñola.
                            - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Too ugly to be el gran capitán

I prefer to think of it as Cisneros in military outfit

BTW, have you seen the avatar of our dearest fascist guy at the OT? I was tempted to do something about it but later realized he's again making a fool of himself.

I really like this smile Rather than naughty I'd say paleto a tope. Needs the beret though.

Comment

Working...
                              X