Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The War of Jenkins' Ear" a story untold...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fiera: [i]I can try myself...
    No problem, just let me know what do you want me to look for.

cpoulos: history links in a thread here
    Good Idea!

Fiera, I suspect you're gonna like this, not much info about Urbina although: http://www.filosofia.org/cla/per/1895pere.htm

Comment

Bumping up this thread for personal reasons and also to ask about that excellent idea about a history link thread? What ever happened to that????

Comment

I would love to contribute to any historical subjects. Sadly, my knowledge of Spanish is lacking due to non-use. I have, however, found some exquisite sites on the web, mostly about naval warfare.

Ahoy,
        Exile

------------------
        Lost in America
        "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
        "or a very good liar." --Stefu
        Lost in America.
        "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
        "or a very good liar." --Stefu
        "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

I still would like to do it, but like you Jay Bee, I haven't had the time to sift through all the threads to find all those links. Open a thread for it, and I will put in some every chance I get.

------------------
          All knowledge begins with the phrase: I don't know.
          I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
          i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Waku on 02-23-2001 04:39 PM
            Fiera, I suspect you're gonna like this, not much info about Urbina although: http://www.filosofia.org/cla/per/1895pere.htm

Hey Waku, surprisingly enough, I hadn't read this post yet. Thanks very much for your effort, I had already browsed that page some time ago. As you say, not very much info about Urbina, but it's a very interesting text indeed. A step in the right direction both for Spanish History and Spanish Philosophy in the web.

This reminds me of a quite interesting question. I know most of you love History, but how about Philosophy? As you know, I'm a "fanatic" of the Spanish 16th century. There were lots of good and, regretably, very unknown (even here in Spain), Spanish philosophers at that time (Vives, Guevara, Gómez Pereira, etc). So, anyone up to a "light" philosophical discussion?

Edit: regarding the "History links" thread, it doesn't seem very difficult if we set up a thread, and we freely add interesting links there, maybe with a short description. Then when we got a big enough number of them, someone could put them all together (sorted out by cathegories) in a webpage.

[This message has been edited by Fiera (edited April 08, 2001).]
            "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
            - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

OK, I'll open that thread. Wtach out for it!

Comment

Working...
              X