A Question about the Spanish Threads Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Question about the Spanish Threads Topic

Jay Bee, I do understand why you might feel that posting a mixed thread would be disrespectful to English only speakers and why some might actually feel that way. But some of us are just way out of practice with our Spanish, in my case it's not even my second language, let a lone one of my primary working languages. Does that mean that if I get started posting in Spanish to a thread and then lose my grammar that I can't actually finish the post and add it to the thread? I realize that completing in a language other than English would be bad manners, but would I not be allowed to complete the post in English? Making the change from thinking in my primary languages to thinking in Spanish sometimes takes me several days of steady usage before it gets to be a habit.

Thank you for your time and replies.

Ken

well
    If you want to speak spanish you can,
    but it´s better if we use english so more people can understand it
    Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
    Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
    miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Hola, Ken, it's nice to see you're using this forum to learn Spanish... In fact, I'm surprised that no one else uses this Forum for that purpose, we thought we would attract people like you when we had the idea of a Spanglish Forum...

So of course I think it's alright that you post in Spanish as much as you're able and then switch to English if you need to...

And I can only add that anyone else with some knowledge of Spanish should try and post here as well, it will be fun and they'll be learning too... We're a friendly bunch, don't be shy!

"An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
      - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Again, Fiera summed it up perfectly well. The problem I was referring to arises when someone replies in Spanish to messages in English. If you wanna practice your Spanish, you came to the right place!

Comment

Working...
        X