Spanish history help requested...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spanish history help requested...

For my seminar on the Spanish Civil War I've got to write a rather long term paper. I'm thinking of writing it on the Moroccans and any info on any sources about Moroccans fighting on the Franco side, the situation in Morocco during the war, info on el-Krim and another Moroccan nationalists, accounts by people in Spain of the suppression by Moroccan troops of the Asturias rising, policy by both the Republican and Franco sides on Morocco, people talking about the Moroccans in a rascism manner etc. etc. (you get the point ).
    Directing me to good sources that I can read would be especially appreciated.

note: my spanish is very very bad

(He beat me up again! sigh)

Comment

Hey Waku, while you're at it, could you find me something about the Allied occupation of Iran in 1941?
      Follow the masses!
      30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Waku, you are a genius. How are you doing that?!

(Despite the fact that these sites are wonderful)
        Follow the masses!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Stefan Härtel on 03-01-2001 01:04 PM
          Hey Waku, while you're at it, could you find me something about the Allied occupation of Iran in 1941?

It's not a link Stefan, but here it is:
          • Occupation of Persia End of Persian neutrality
          • After Germany invaded Soviet Russia in June 1941, an end to Persia's hitherto determined neutrality was only a question of time.The British had already moved in to oust axis infiltration from Vichy Syria and Iraq, and with the Red Army in headlong retreat it was vital that Persia be secured, if only as an emergency supply route to Russia from the south. Churchill ordered planning to begin at the end of July and arrangements were agreed with the Russians on 17th August, the date for finally being set for the night of 24th-25th August.
          • Two Soviet mechanised columns invaded west of the caspian, one advancing through Maku-Khoi-Tabriz and the second through Ardebil-Bandar-Pahlavi-Rasht Qazvin. A thrid column hooked round the eastern Caspian to approach Teheran from the east through Bandar-Shah-Shahrud-Semnan. The British came in from the west and the south: from khanaqin in Iraq to Qasr-i-Shirin, Shahabad-Kermanshah-Sultanabad (Araq), and accross the lower Euphrates to Khorramshahr, Abadan, Ahwaz, and the big oil fields north of the Persian gulf.
          • Reza Shah ordered only a token resistance, determined not to throw away the fruits of his 20 year reconstruction and modernisation programme. At the outset there were several clashes with Persian troops, but none of these seriously threatened the Allied advance. The Shah ordered resistance to cease on 28th August but continued to temporise about the Allied demand that Axis nationals must be expelled. After receiving an ultimatum he abdicated in favor of his son, Mohammed Reva Pahlavi, and the allies entered Teheran on 17th September.
          • It was the only long-term Anglo-Russian success amid the disasters of 1941. Persia remained under joint occupation, and by the end of the war Russia had received over 5 million tons of war supplies through the country.
          I hope this helps you out.

------------------
          All knowledge begins with the phrase: I don't know.
          I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
          i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

WAKU !!!!!!!!!!!
            I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
            i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

cpoulos: Yeah, it contains everything, particularily the reasons and the process, that is were my sources keep silent. They only tell something about oil.
              Follow the masses!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Stefan Härtel on 03-01-2001 01:29 PM

Waku, you are a genius. How are you doing that?!

(Despite the fact that these sites are wonderful)

I am not.
                I never surf the net, I'm always searching the web

I think I'm gonna use this as my sig

Comment

ooooh, not bad, any text sources?

Comment

http://www.sam.edu/~his_ncp/SpanCW.html http://www.lgu.ac.uk/langstud/med/med/morocco.htm

Comment

Well, this looks like a job for our search guru, Waku. In the meantime, may I suggest the Encyclopaedia Britannica and links therein for a start?

http://www.britannica.com/seo/h/history-of-morocco/

Comment

Working...
                      X