30 years war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 years war

I am making a GREAT update of my scenario about The 30 years war .
    I will include some thing like this:

Multievents.
    Almost ALL graphics changed.
    Almost 100% historical accuracy (well, i will try).
    Design to be played by all nations.

I thing that it will be a new scenario almost completly and I will ask for a playtester for each nation(but it will be in the future)

Suggestions, comments and bugs of the last version (i know much of them but always appears some new ones) are welcomed.

Apart from what I have allready discussed whit you I wonder:
    Why did the swedes get a warship at turn 51? There was no explanation, just the event.

[This message has been edited by Henrik (edited February 08, 2001).]
    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Henrik, I have to recognize that i don´t know the reason of this event . I make the scenario 3 years ago.

Shaka, "no problemo", i have write this topic to know my mistakes and it was one of my first scenarios so i have lot of problems

-some people have said to me that the movement is too slow so i will increase it to normal terms.
      -Ottomans and English there is no space for them, in this scenario, they can only be independents (barbarians), I incluyed them by events with some English helps to Protestants and attacks in Hungary.
      -Swedish were really very powerfull, probably so powerful as French (you can speak about Swedish power with Henrik ).But i will change the events of Swedish units in Germany.
      (que pasa en el juego via email, que te te estan ganando los suecos eh?? )

Comment

Multiple events.... aaarghhh, I see you also succumbed to the trend Pero vamos a ver, Civ2 no era un juego donde se supone que tienes que pensar?

Comment

stuff that I didn´t like about 30 year war

-is a really slow moving scenario, the unit are really expensive,

-there is no ottoman and english influence

-I don´t understand why the Swedish are that powerful, they have fortresses and factories (too powerful)

there are a lot of differences between the nations, that it´s cool but they make the civilizations unbalanced, for example, the french only has galleys and the spaniards warships, mercantsihp... and the already mentioned sweden

maybe it sounds like if I didn´t like the scenario but I do like it a lot, I´m playing and email game about so....

I hope I´m not being rude
          Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
          Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
          miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Jay Bee on 02-08-2001 05:40 PM
            Multiple events.... aaarghhh, I see you also succumbed to the trend Pero vamos a ver, Civ2 no era un juego donde se supone que tienes que pensar?

Which are the dark side of Multieventes??????

I think that they are a good way to be more historical accurate in long scenarios, and sometimes are usefull to introduce some special events that are very big.

Comment

Well, yes, I was half-kidding. I was referring to multi-event scenarios Spartacus-like (sorry Shaka ) where you can't do anything on your own, only follow instructions from Event God But if used "wisely", multievents are a very powerful tool, that's true.

Comment

On a totaly unraleted note I would like to tell you that everyone is able to see what you write in spanish now, since the babelfish translation window has been added to the forums.

Comment

Well, that's pretty good ain't it? Although the translation is sometimes terrible: Jay Bee = Abeja de Jay... LOL!

I guess we only use Spanish when all the people in the discussion are Spanish-speaking, not to hide anything .

Comment

quote:

-some people have said to me that the movement is too slow so i will increase it to normal terms.

Hmmm... Movement was really slow at the time, and the roads where very bad. I'd say movement in your scenario is rather realistic.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Henrik on 02-09-2001 01:18 PM
                      Hmmm... Movement was really slow at the time, and the roads where very bad. I'd say movement in your scenario is rather realistic.

Well, i think so about the state of the roads, and in fact i think that isn´t very realistic that a calvary can go from Naples to Milan in 1 turn or something like this, but too, i understand people who think that could be very slowly and boring waiting a lot of turns to create a big army, well, too, it´s certain that is more realistic in the way that your reinforces are more dificultt to help.
                      So finally what everybody think about it?
                      I am really confused about this.

Comment

I also agree that the scn is a bit too slow. In spite of this it certainly has become a classic.

Comment

quote:

que pasa en el juego via email, que te te estan ganando los suecos eh??

que va... ya estoy planeando en que calle construir mi palacio imperial cuando Suecia sea una provincia del imperio

pero si que me parece que sea muy poderoso, tinen fabricas y pueden construir fortalezas, me parece que no esta muy equilibrado,

quote:

So finally what everybody think about it?
                          I am really confused about this.

si que creo que las tropas van muy lentas

quote:

I was referring to multi-event scenarios Spartacus-like (sorry Shaka )

el muy hereje... los escenarios, como el de Odissey, si que no te dejan libertad pero en Spartacus hay mucha, y cuando llegas al capitulo siete y empiezan a atacar los praetorian, oh... poesia

lo voy a defender a vida o muerte
                          Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
                          Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
                          miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Shaka Naldur on 02-10-2001 03:02 PM
                            que va... ya estoy planeando en que calle construir mi palacio imperial cuando Suecia sea una provincia del imperio

If that is the case then the scenario is unbalanced (in your favour).

I really love the altavista translation service
                            [This message has been edited by Henrik (edited February 11, 2001).]

Comment

quote:

cuando llegas al capitulo siete y empiezan a atacar los praetorian, oh... poesia

Chapter 7 ?? Was that before of after the fourth bout of global warming? Just kidding. Would it make you happy to know that at this very moment I am uploading Spartacus to the Spanish Site?

Comment

Working...
                              X