Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gente, miren esto

Lo quoteo por las dudas:

I am the Head Admin of CIV3Players, the largest MP Civ3 Conquests Ladder League in the world with almost 600 ranked players.

The 1.20 patch has a disasterous major bug for the MP player community. It is IMPOSSIBLE to restart a game that is suspended for whatever reason.

Yes, it's true, not only can't it LOAD a 1.15 save file, it also can't LOAD a 1.20 save file in Multiplayer mode.

I consider it irresponsible that this wasn't tested. In two hours using the new patch we encountered this bug a dozen times. It happens every time. You can go back 1, 2, 3, 4 save files it doesn't matter.

We have told all our members NOT to install 1.20. It is imperative that Firaxis put the 1.15 patch back up on their server as many people who misguidedly installed 1.20 have to uninstall Conquests and reinstall up to the 1.15 patch.

I hope this information helps others avoid pain and suffering.

Sincerely,
    SirPartyMan
    CIV3Players Head Admin

"One game - one ladder - one community"

Sincerely,
    SPM
    Cuando un dedo señala la luna, los tontos miran el dedo. (del Mayo francés)

Comment

Agrego esto:

CIV3Players Sticking with 1.15 - by SirPartyMan on 3/31/04

While we gave Firaxis the benefit of the doubt, after a few hours of testing, we have decided that the 1.20 Patch is not stable enough to implement yet for CIV3Players.

While some games have made it through to completion, if you have to restart the game (e.g. because of a drop), it becomes impossible to do so. You are faced with a black screen. And even if you restore some of the screen by clicking you don't have all the necessary game functionality.

For the time being, we recommend that you stay with 1.15. If you installed 1.20 based on my earlier advice, I apologize.

HOW TO UNINSTALL 1.20 AND REVERT TO 1.15:
      1) You should uninstall CIV3 Conquests. And then reinstall it. This can be done by opening and closing your CD bay drawer and/or running the autorun program. From the autorun menu select UNINSTALL (click on the little circle to left not just on the word) - on the next screen REMOVE - you mus remove the CONQUESTS software 1st before you can reinstall.

2) Once removed, go back to the autorun menu for the CONQUESTS disk and select REINSTALL. You will now reinstall Conquests 1.00

3) You need to next apply the 1.15 patch. If you didn't save this file on your disk (and it's always a good idea to save patch files), you can download it again at: DOWNLOAD THE 1.15 PATCH

4) Now start the game and double check it says 1.15 in the lower left corner.

Again, my regrets. Someday this software will work, I just hope I live long enough to see it.

Sincerely, SPM

Comment

Pero vos votaste por la 1.20 en el VIII Progressive

Comment

Pero no había leido esto.

Espero corregir mi voto.

Comment

Insisto, llamar Atari a Infogrames es un insulto para la verdadera Atari... y ni hablar de Firaxis
            >>> El cine se lee en dvdplay <<<

Comment

Hay que joerse, a esperar pues
              Campeón 2006 Progressive Games
              civ4 mods: SCSCollateral GrayAgainstBlue ProperCrossings
              civ3 terrain: Irrigations Roads Railroads Borders Multimine Sengoku Napoleonic

Comment

la 1.20 era beta aun ? o ya estaba liberada?...

porque si era beta, entonces joderse los que la usaron... ahora si estaba liberada, es para prenderles fuego.... GD!!!

Comment

¿Me llamaban?

Comment

Samuel, ayer se me colgó todo y perdí la conexión por unos minutos, al final pudiste darle el coso ese a GD?
                    The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

No. Parece ser que como ando en la oficina, y la conexión la tengo por red, no puedo compartir la información.

Después me ayudaron otros compañeros, pero aun no.

Aunque parece ser que "El cono sur unido jamás será vencido", y andan preparando una estrategia. Tal vez despues la platiquemos

Comment

ok
                        The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Comment

¿Querés?

Comment

Nop. Ayer Samuel no sabía como mandartelo y me pidió ayuda (y yo tampoco sabía jeje)

Comment

Pero ahora ya sé

Comment

Suerte

Comment

Working...
                                X