Is there anybody here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by appleciders
    Actually, it had occurred to me to restart the Gnome NES, only with an overhauled economic system with way less math. Would people be interested if I did?
    Yes. The old system was fine for me, especially since I would look forward to (to paraphrase bp) "build a Dyson sphere with about a bajillion gnomes". A new system would be fine though.

PPS. Though what I really want is for Foolish to resume Age of Glass.
    About a month ago I was wandering for some reason or another through the mid latitudes of my hard drive and I found the document wherein sat the latest unposted update for Age of Glass, about 75% finished. Why I abandoned it to its patient solitude I now do not quite remember, (I think it had something to do with school, or retooling the map), but it would not be at all difficult (or so I foresee, though my foresight has rightfully not inspired confidence in quite some time) to pick up where we left off. Especially because even more recently I found the hand traced hard copy of all the cultures and civilizations in North America you have yet to meet.

If the scarcity of current players does not deter you, then it certainly does not deter me.

Now that you three have forced me out of hiding I will begin searching in earnest for some clever Berengar-defeating strategies with which we will trip up that be-vineyarded scoundrel.
    Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

I'll jump back into Age of Glass if Foolish restarts it, or I'll restart Gnomes if he doesn't.
      "Bother," said Pooh, "Eeyore, ready two photon torpedoes and lock
      phasers on the Heffalump. Piglet, meet me in transporter room
      three. Christopher Robin, you have the bridge."

Comment

I can only have one or the other?

Tell you what: Reopen Gnomes. I'll use the time (O! promises! Do they mean anything anymore?) to prepare Age of Glass and reopen it later, when everything is super-duper ready.

Or would you rather do it the other way around?
        Last edited by foolish_icarus; June 22, 2007, 04:34.
        Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

If the scarcity of current players does not deter you, then it certainly does not deter me.

It might deter me as a GM, but never as a player.

Now that you three have forced me out of hiding I will begin searching in earnest for some clever Berengar-defeating strategies with which we will trip up that be-vineyarded scoundrel.

I'm sure he'll appreciate the effort. Go the extra mile and maybe I'll throw in a crazed supervillainesque monologue.

I'll jump back into Age of Glass if Foolish restarts it, or I'll restart Gnomes if he doesn't.

You're a scoundrel, you are. Making him choose like that

Personally I'd rather resume an NES than start a new one, but I encourage you both to share in my pain - er, pleasure.
          Lime roots and treachery!
          "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

I kind of do want to restart Gnomes. Go ahead and prepare, and I'll try to reopen Gnomes this week.

Comment

And on that note, I'm working on resuming Gnomes. I figure that everyone who was playing before will want to be able to pick up where they were, at least to some extent. As such, I'm going to knock everything back down a notch to a more level playing field, but keep the very rudiments of Gnome societies intact, so previous players can retain some of their achievements. Also, the whole ordering-gnomes-to-breed thing as struck me as a little unwieldy, so this time around you will simply order your gnomes to work on their projects and your colony will expand a mod-determined amount based on events, your food supply, and your population density. Finally, populations will be much smaller this time around.

EDIT: So I'll have the gnomes back in action today or tomorrow, once I've got the map and the reintroductory update finished
              Last edited by appleciders; June 22, 2007, 18:46.

Comment

Also, the whole ordering-gnomes-to-breed thing as struck me as a little unwieldy
                The euphemisms were so much fun. But yes, the new way is better.
                Although I don't see why you would want to make the populations smaller; They only numbered in the hundreds before, which struck me as rather too small even then.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclotron

I can understand that. Does this mean I can advertise your space as free?

PS. The GnomeNES looked cool, I could go for that.

PPS. Though what I really want is for Foolish to resume Age of Glass.
                  Oh, I thought I had already bowed out of the game via pm. Oops .

PPS.

I'd join Age of Glass even though I'm really not sure what it is. (Is that the sci fi scenario where earth sent colonists to another solar system and then lost contact with them?)

Re Gnomes: I totally want the tree gnomes again, I have some death star esque strategies that never got fully realized during the last round .
                  Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                  Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Originally posted by bipolarbear

I'd join Age of Glass even though I'm really not sure what it is. (Is that the sci fi scenario where earth sent colonists to another solar system and then lost contact with them?)
                    No. But someday...

This is Age of Glass.

Comment

Ah yes vague memories are buried within your prose. That link has whet my appetite.
                      Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                      Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

I suppose we have different visions of gnome colonies. What I meant to imply is that gnome colonies will be starting smaller than the several hundred that they had reached last game. They may still grow much larger than they got in the last game, though I'm going to require a lot more effort into infrastructure to get there. Anyhow, expect it finished tomorrow.

Comment

I'll use the time (O! promises! Do they mean anything anymore?) to prepare Age of Glass and reopen it later, when everything is super-duper ready.

Do it
                          Lime roots and treachery!
                          "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

In!

Maybe my poor gnomes can have some peace now that those BBQ buggers are gone.
                            I changed my signature

Comment

Nope, they're back with a vengeance. The Trash Gnomes are looking pretty vicious, too.

Comment

Damnable barbarians
                                I changed my signature

Comment

Working...
                                X