JNES- Space NES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lord Nuclear
    Are the states shown on the map, but not in the opening post, not playable?
    They are playable, just forgot them. I will update the stats.
    Donate to the American Red Cross.
    Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Some brave soul must take the Moon and become part of the ETDP with me!
      Lime roots and treachery!
      "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Rand, if you like to be the EU, go ahead. I´ll take India then. Or the Persian Empire? Hm... Yeah, I think I´ll go with Persia...

Now.. where´s Israel? Are they like the Palestinians today, i.e. not really shown on a map but fighting for independence?
        Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
        Let me eat your yummy brain!
        "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Originally posted by Micha
          Rand, if you like to be the EU, go ahead. I´ll take India then. Or the Persian Empire? Hm... Yeah, I think I´ll go with Persia...

Now.. where´s Israel? Are they like the Palestinians today, i.e. not really shown on a map but fighting for independence?
          I will edit the map.
          Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

I also made anther alliance for Asia, so they dont have to be apart of NATO any more

Comment

Lets start!

IIC:

From People's Republic of China
              To South America

We know that the training of your forces is very, very low. In order to better defend yourselfs we will be sending 10,000 millitary advisors to your country to help raise the training level of your troops.

Comment

I'll take the Moon.

Do the light speed engines make things go exactly light speed (or just less than, rather)? Do relativistic effects apply? Because it would be really cool if the light speed barrier and other scientific (and engineering) principles were enforced.
                Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

Originally posted by foolish_icarus
                  I'll take the Moon.

Do the light speed engines make things go exactly light speed (or just less than, rather)? Do relativistic effects apply? Because it would be really cool if the light speed barrier and other scientific (and engineering) principles were enforced.
                  Well it is 99.9% the speed of light, so all of that applies.

Comment

moon settlement map

could I have a smaller population? Around 110 million?
                    Last edited by foolish_icarus; January 6, 2007, 17:11.
                    Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

moon settlement map

could I have a smaller population? Around 80 million?
                      If you really want to have a smaller population.

Comment

err sorry for the cross editing
                        Any number around there will do.

Comment

The Moon is our home, and we love it, but it is harsh and unforgiving. Mars is little more hospitable, and even the Earth is not so protected from catastrophe as you might think even though for now you walk and breath comfortably outdoors.

We have a proposal for all of mankind that is enlightened enough to accept it:

To spread humanity to every corner of this solar system that will support it; not for war but for peace; not for power but for safety.
                          We speak of a new wave of colonization that completely transcend the old paradigms of settlement and politics and exploitation.
                          Let no government claim these colonies as their own, let no society exclude another from it's territory, let no guilds bring old rules to limit the freedom or dignity of these new citizens of our solar system.
                          We propose these colonies be free, open, self-governing, bastions of pan-humanism to guide all of us old societies into a new future.

We are embarking on a plan to colonize Venus. Madness? Twould be madness if we expected to see it finished in any of our lifetimes, but this is a plan that stretches centuries. Atmosphere must be boiled off, water and raw materials must be imported, asteroids must be made to impact that hellish surface to give it spin.
                          Why would we do such a thing, when we would never see the benefits for a hundred or a thousand years? Long term thinking, yes, but even the most altruistic do not put effort into a plan which will help no one when so many alive today could use those resources. So why?
                          It just so happens Venus has what we need and lack--an atmosphere. We could never breathe it, but we do not intend to. We expect we will always live in our cavernous cities, Luna is too hostile for life to merely sit gaily upon its surface.
                          We need an atmosphere for protection. You blue-worlders take your air for granted, how it protects you from harmful solar radiation and the bombardment of meteors. But we, high up in this most frigid and sparse mountain, expend altogether too much of our resources protecting ourselves from the ceaseless bombardment of hard radiation and stealthy rocks from space.
                          We have our most powerful supercomputers running computations to achieve the precision for what may be the most monumental engineering effort ever attempted. Forget the capture of asteroids and water-bearing comets-that is sandbox play compared to this. In the coming years, we will begin boiling off Venus' atmosphere, jettisoning it into space--and decades hence, should our calculations prove correct, and they will--that great band of molecular detritus will slowly drift into the orbit that earth and Luna share, where Moon's gravity will gradually sweep it up.
                          Tell your children to look fondly upon the moon as it is now, for it will not stay clear and grey all their lives. Soon we will have a borrowed blanket of atmosphere, haughty Venus stripped to clothe Diana.

Comment

How do the light speed engines work? What are their limitations?

Comment

How do the light speed engines work? What are their limitations?
                              I would imagine they use fusion reactors to power them. The only problem with them is that they consume massive ammounts of energy when in use, so they cant be used for very long periods of time. Also if they are in a war ship, they most likely wont be able to use their weapons while at light speed.

Comment

To: United Lunar States

China does not trust a word out of your mouth. We will do what we please with out future space colonies and you will have no say in how they are governer. After the chaos that you caused when both our Mars and Moon colonies rebelled we will not have anything to do with you!

Comment

Working...
                                X