No announcement yet.

HRE NES II: Der Aufstieg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay then, progress! Do look through the update and battle reports.

A note for Nimitz: You wanted to attack Olomouc this year; that's fine, but Olomouc is east of Pressburg and held by Magyars, and thus your attack - which was planned after the truce - may be construed as a breach of the treaty. I need to know if you want to continue with the attack or call it off.
    Lime roots and treachery!
    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

• hooray!

The spoils will of course be shared among each of the armies.
      First priority goes to those troops that are actually on the campaign that can use the arms and armor. Place your requests as appropriate.
      Last edited by foolish_icarus; May 30, 2007, 22:50.
      Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

• King Rudolph II of Burgundy and Lombardy to Duke Eberhard III of Franconia
        You have my congratulations on your victory. I believe that, with your forces in position in southern Tirol, the Emperor hesitates to leave Friuli and meet us in the field. Nevertheless, soon we will have to confront him in his home territory.

You could, potentially, attempt to link up with the Venetians now that they have joined me; I do not believe that the Emperor will leave Verona while my army threatens him from the west. Once this is done, we may be in a better position to confront him and give battle once and for all.
        "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

• Hrabě Jasny z Litoměřice to Duke Eberhard III
          Herzog von Franken, though the light equipment of my forces was useful in this latest engagement, I feel that my contingent would be more useful in a pitched battle with more armor and some more varied weaponry for use against infantry. I would like to advance a claim on:

500 Light Armor
          100 Shields
          400 Swords

Comment

• Duke Arnulf of Bavaria to Duke Eberhard III of Franconia
            My congratulations on a solid start to a vital campaign, and my thanks for your masterful execution of a battle that was so sparing in German lives. I would like to lay a claim on 30 heavy armor, 500 light armor, 330 shields, 100 bows, 200 spears, and 300 swords.

OOC: Cyc, you're a god, as usual. Thanks for all your hard work!
            Last edited by appleciders; June 2, 2007, 12:39.
            "Bother," said Pooh, "Eeyore, ready two photon torpedoes and lock
            phasers on the Heffalump. Piglet, meet me in transporter room
            three. Christopher Robin, you have the bridge."

Comment

• King Heinrich of Germany to Duke Eberhard III of Franconia
              This victory has been so much more crucial than it seems at first glance. Congratulations! My own forces will soon join you, and together we will force Berengar to accept his fate. Joining up with the Venetians seems to be a good idea, though we need to be cautious in doing so. Maybe Duke Arnulf and my own men will soon bolster the ranks of our forces...

OOC:
              Cyclotron, this was (as always) an amazing update. I wonder where you take the energy from to write such great stories... Now that the praise is done, might I ask what happened with the Friesland campaign? I sent 200d of supplies there and ordered von Norden to either advance or retreat.
              Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
              Let me eat your yummy brain!
              "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

• Oh yes, that. I was going to post that with the later updates, but I can just do it now.

Landgraf Theodoric von Norden to King Heinrich of Germany
                My Lord, I have used some of the monies provided to do a thorough reconnaissance of the Viking position here, and I have concluded that they are too strong for my army to challenge at present. My army's morale is low after their defeat, and we are both outnumbered and poorly equipped compared to the Vikings. The Count of Friesland is hemorrhaging troops; even his own nobles are starting to abandon him. Without strong reinforcements I cannot make any difference here. I have decided to retreat.

Comment

• OCC: From what I saw on the map it was west.

But since I miss read it that could be a problem.

I better hold off for now and set the army as close as possible with out crossing the line.
                  Last edited by Nimitz; May 31, 2007, 14:54.
                  Join the Civ4 SPDG and save the world one library at a time.
                  Term 1 Minister of Finances in the Civ4 Democracy Game and current Justice in the Civ4 Democracy Game
                  President of the Moderate Progressives of Apolyton in the Civ4 Democracy Game Aedificium edificium est Vires

Comment

• West/east isn't really the main problem; overland reckoning is pretty imprecise in pre-compass Europe. The problem is that you would be directly attacking a Magyar chieftain, which defeats the point of a truce.

If you don't intend to attack, it might be wise to tell the Polans this so they don't attack without you.

It may be possible to take Olomouc by other means, like simply bribing the chieftain, but attacking it might seriously endanger the truce.

Comment

• OOC: Ya I have been plotting that out. I can see several possible actions that could be taken.

Duke Vratislaus of Bohemia to Siemowit of the Polans(secret)
                      The attack on Olomouc has become untenible with the new truce the King has made. It would put me in a poor position with the rest of Germany to restart the war with the magyars. But I have not given up on talking the city I will just have to change my means to something more subtle. I wish discuss the mean by which we may handle this I have several ideas and would like to here what your mind is on the issue.
                      Now as for the wedding I am still very willing to go forward with it and believe it will seal the friendship of our two houses. All that needs be done is the choosing of a location for the cerimony and the choosing of a priest or better a bishop. Also we should bring gifts for the other and the bride and groom. And if you wish we could also use this as a time to strengthen our ties in trade. I will await your reply and prepare my son.
                      Last edited by Nimitz; June 1, 2007, 00:31.
                      Term 1 Minister of Finances in the Civ4 Democracy Game and current Justice in the Civ4 Democracy Game
                      President of the Moderate Progressives of Apolyton in the Civ4 Democracy Game Aedificium edificium est Vires

Comment

• Duke Arnulf of Bavaria to Duke Burchard II of Swabia
                        How goes the Western front? I know that the rightful King of Lombardy Rudolph II has taken Pavia; did Swabian troops see battle? Do you have a sense of how soon Rudolph will bring his forces west? I long to return to the front of the battle lines, and then back to Bavaria to see my firstborn son.

Duke Arnulf of Bavaria to Duke Vratislaus of Bohemia
                        My brother, rumors have reached me that you may intend to continue your campaign into Magyar territory. I urge you to remember that this peace is only recently signed, and that any action, even of espionage or massing troops on the border, could provoke a breach of truce.

Duke Arnulf of Bavaria to Duchess Judith of Bavaria
                        My congratulations on a safe birth, and my thanks for delivering my son! Would you please tell me precisely when he was born?

OOC: Cyc, when was the last time I saw my wife?
                        "Bother," said Pooh, "Eeyore, ready two photon torpedoes and lock
                        phasers on the Heffalump. Piglet, meet me in transporter room
                        three. Christopher Robin, you have the bridge."

Comment

• Duke Vratislaus of Bohemia to Duke Arnulf of Bavaria [secret]
                          While your concern is appreciated you do not need to worry I will not be doing anything that will jepardize our peace nor if you would remember the life of my niece. I will not launch any unprovoked attacks on the magyars. There are ways other then battle to achieve my goals.

Duke Vratislaus of Bohemia to Dukes of Germany
                          I have just found out that my niece's family sent her without a dowry and that many of the nobility had to give up there own silver and goods to cover it. This greives me greatly I would like you to send me a list of the value of all the items. I will return to you the worth of all that was given plus a gift in thanks.
                          Last edited by Nimitz; June 1, 2007, 14:27.

Comment

• Duke Burchard II of Swabia to Duke Arnulf of Bavaria
                            So far, action against the enemy has been rare. We were expecting to have to fight off the Tuscans from the south, until they abandoned the Emperor and marched to Rome instead. No city has resisted us for long before opening its gates. Genoa and the rest of Liguria remain independent, but they have few troops and little allegiance to Berengar - I do not believe we will spend another season conquering them. I believe the King will send his forces west in the coming year, though I cannot be sure. I imagine he is somewhat torn - lifting the Tuscan siege of Rome could guarantee him the Imperial crown, but might leave Lombardy open to a counterattack.

Duke Arnulf of Bavaria to Duchess Judith of Bavaria
                            My congratulations on a safe birth, and my thanks for delivering my son! Would you please tell me precisely when he was born?

OOC: Cyc, when was the last time I saw my wife?
                            The child was born in January, giving a conception date of around April or May of the previous year. We never quite set out the date of your departure for Rome, but as it was a diplomatic campaign rather than a military one there would have been no reason to advance with the thaw or something like that. More likely, it would have occurred around campaigning season starting in May/June. You were in Vienna before this, and the court nearly always moves with the Duke/King, along with the royal family; Duchies don't really have a set administrative center at this time, but rather it moves with the lord. In other words, it is at least possible that you were indeed with the court, and thus your wife, around the time of conception, though it's hard to be exactly sure.
                            Last edited by Cyclotron; June 1, 2007, 14:39.

Comment

• Siemowit of the Polans to Duke Vratislaus of Bohemia
                              A shame that you must follow the wishes of your far-off king and forgo a good battle - but the Saxon king is known to me as a stout warrior, and I do not doubt his courage or acumen. Let us meet for the wedding in Leitmeritz; our dowry is already prepared. As always, I am open to negotiations for trade.

As far as taking Olomouc through "other means," I know little of the Magyars and cannot say that I have taken many cities subtly. I wish you the luck of the gods with your difficulty.

Comment

• I'm working on the Duchy specific updates presently. In the meantime...

Ducal Herald to King Heinrich of Germany
                                My Lord, envoys from the Count of Vermandois and the King of England have been here for several months awaiting your reply as to their previous proposals for marriage alliances, and I sense they are beginning to grow impatient. What should I tell them?

Comment

Working...
                                X