No announcement yet.

When the Saints come marching in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Climates work in strange ways--we could quite justifiably do anything we wanted to weather patterns and sea levels.
    I'll (possibly) save you some trouble by telling you that this devastation was caused in a way you (or I, as I got the premise from somewhere else) could never guess--And as you are a group of preindustrials clinging to life on tiny strands of barely livable land betwixt vast deserts and mighty fields of glass, you may never know what really happened

As I already have plenty of NPCs, a few 'global events' planned out, no need to make a map, stats, or any but the barest of introductory backstories, I can basically start it any time from about a half hour onwards.
    So what kind of schedule are we looking at here? I'd like to actually have the thread up before I send pm invitations, and I want to start when people can jump right in immediately. Suggestions?
    Last edited by foolish_icarus; July 10, 2006, 23:02.
    Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

I'm up for any schedule. I'll have to delay occasionally when I'm working on HRE-NES updates (like now), but generally speaking I'm always around.

Looking forward to starting a religion paying homage to the demon Fallout!
      Lime roots and treachery!
      "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Start it soon, before we all go off to school. Better to have it well-entrenched before then. And I'm looking forward to a tenuous, circumstance-demanded alliance with this religion!

I think a simple map might be a good thing, but you might even be able to wait a turn or two in to get that.

And in a totally unrelated to anything in this thread vein, what cell phone services get good coverage around the campus of a certain college?
        "Bother," said Pooh, "Eeyore, ready two photon torpedoes and lock
        phasers on the Heffalump. Piglet, meet me in transporter room
        three. Christopher Robin, you have the bridge."

Comment

I don't know, I've never owned a cell phone. I don't think my friends have any problems except when indoors.
          "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Originally posted by foolish_icarus
            Would you be interested in an ice age world, a high sealevel world, or just leave the coastlines as they are now (assume they've dropped and risen or vice versa and happen to have come back to present levels).

This is a take-it-under-advisement sort of thing: A high or low sea level world may or may not come to fruition depending on how grueling it turns out to be to research and edit the map.
            Whatever, make the map look as messed up as you want, if someone complains, a nuke did it!
            First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
            Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

By the way, this'll be up a week from tommorrow. Everything except the map, which I am still deliberating about, is all ready. Pms will go out about the same time the thread is posted.
              Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

So this is going up tomorrow, right?

Comment

Yes
                  Tomorrow Eve-ning

Comment

Working...
                  X