The Agora - AHENES update lobby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whens the next update gonna be?
    Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

I don´t know. Saturday an Wednesday I got exams, and next friday I´ll go on vacation for several weeks...

edit:
      Which should mean there´s at least one, maybe two updates next week, followed by quite some time of absence on my part. But don´t worry, there´s much planned for future plots and I think this will go on for quite some time...
      Last edited by Micha; February 10, 2005, 16:26.
      Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
      Let me eat your yummy brain!
      "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Hm, maybe this thread can also be used to discuss features...?

I was thinking about the research issue brought up by Tassadar and Bipolarbaer. Maybe we could add technologies and get rid of country restrictions to units at the same time?

Phalanx tactics
        - allows training of hoplites

Elephant taming
        - allows training of war elephants

Advanced shipbuilding
        - reduces trireme build costs to 2 talents per ship

Flexible formations doctrine
        - allows training of legionaries

Military Society
        - reduces hoplite training costs to 1 talent per 90 hoplites
        - reduces legionary training costs to 1 talent per 80 legionaries
        - reduces swordsmen training costs to 1 talent per 80 swordsmen

Camel taming
        - allows training of camel riders

Scythed chariots
        - improves chariot effects against both infantry and cavalry

Heavy ballistical weaponry
        - improves effects of siege weaponry in both siege and battle

Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES

Comment

Interesting. But I'd rather that technologies remain abstracted, with the availability of those discoveries determined by a balance of in-game efforts to reach those goals and historical appropriateness. Having those gradually become available would be good, but I’m against making them “researchable” with a standard amount of gold funds. Maybe a certain amount of randomness to efforts at employing inventors, and certain abilities will gradually become available even without funding.
          Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

I agree with FI on this. I dont want to make the game anymore complicated than it is. Also I like the freedom and that you can use some imagination in the orders...

Detailed orders, technologies turning up eventually and creative play. Thats how I'd like to keep it.

What I would like to see is actual stories and read some orders instead of just diplomacy and spam
            And thats why I write stories and keep my orders public....I hope someone reads them....
            Last edited by laurentius; February 10, 2005, 18:21.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Originally posted by foolish_icarus
              Interesting. But I'd rather that technologies remain abstracted,
              Example?

with the availability of those discoveries determined by a balance of in-game efforts to reach those goals and historical appropriateness. Having those gradually become available would be good, but I’m against making them “researchable” with a standard amount of gold funds. Maybe a certain amount of randomness to efforts at employing inventors, and certain abilities will gradually become available even without funding.
              Which is exactly what I had in mind!

Comment

Macedonian treasury to Athens :

Can I take your order please?
                Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

hey foolish, what did you mean with "I'd rather that technologies remain abstracted"?

What should the effects of such "abstract" technologies be?

Comment

e.g. instead of specific technologies, just have a broader technological level in a certain area

Comment

With what effect?

I think this solution interferes with the rest of this NES. Like the secret police levels should also be turned into numbers, so small improvements can also take effect.

Comment

I say lets leave it as it is and try to speed up the update cycle instead

- Paul Valery

Comment

Oh, I´m ok with it. It´s not on me to speed up the update cycle, though, since I have to wait for all orders to come in.

Comment

Dear Micha, I didnt mean to critisise you at all. Its just...as I said to Nucle the other day that I dont want that the game yo get too complicated and too much work for you as a GM, since as we know you do the updates in the good-old-german way...count everything with exel and 5 decimals accuracy

Whay I'd love to see ATM is people getting their orders to you so you can do the update. Also stories would be NICE

- Paul Valery

Comment

Working...
                            X