No announcement yet.

History of Wisconsin (SNESA Absolution)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History of Wisconsin (SNESA Absolution)

((Ironic as it may seem, I was inspired to do this by Sheep))

4000 B.C.E. (the founding of a nation)

The people sat around the Annual Pillar of fire ceremony, as the inventors came with their new creations. The Austere elders sat in their bronze thrones at the base of a crude stone pyramid.

The people watched in awe as some of the inventors displayed feats of magic which piqued their already inquisitive nature. The ones involving fire ultimately were forced into explaination by the mob, as the crowd learned to walk on coals and to touch fire without being burned.

Finally Arrowny stepped before the crowd and withdrew a curiously bent stick, joined at each end by a taught line of sinew. He pulled a foot long stick with a bronze point on one end and feathers on another, and placed it carfully onto the taught string. He pulled back, and as he did this, the stick bowed, but it did not break. Suddenly he flicked his fingers, and his creation was lodged in the middle of a knot in an ancient fir tree.

The crowd gasped as the thuddudududud reverberated throughout the now silent forest. This was the discovery of the year! THIS must be utilized immediately. Arrowny was given much wampum to facilitate and organize the mass production of these by his people, and the Bow and Arrow surpassed fire, and became the new God of Wisconsin.

The Wisconsinite scholars immediately took to practicing the use of this item, and found it good for taking game and injuring man, as the old and wise elder who was forced to change his name to "Pain in Rear" will attest to.

This new tool helped the Wisconsinites band together and force the northern tribes to trade for worthless bits of copper, all of their hunting grounds, and in a few cases, women. The Wisconsinites became the most respected and revered tribe because of it, and were soon expanding their borders.

------
    I will add chapters as I post updates on the NES thread.
    First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
    Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

thanks SKILORD I got a new one in the stories forum too, it's amazing how much 'poly stuff gets done when I have homework to do hehe
    First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
    Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

That is funny!
      That's all folks!

Comment

A single stone struck the Wisconsinite woman in the side of the head as she was gathering firewood before the whole hillside erupted in a sea of bellowing men.

The Oneidas were ruthless, not discriminating between women or men. They were fought off, but only at a large loss of life among the villiage.

One of the Shamans broke an arrow and took it to the villiage meeting.

"THIS is the extent to which those barbaric Oneidas will go! They are destroying our technology, they are destroying our GOD!!"

Several Months later, a similar scene was observed outside of the Oneida capitol, Green Bay, except this time it was not a rock, but an arrow, and instead of an old woman, it went through an Oneida soldier.

At the victory meeting, an announcement was put forth. "We need one of two things for our safety." The crowd gave an inquisitive look. "We need something to protect our villiages from another attack, or a gigantic mechanism to hurl great rocks at our enemy." The crowd cheered at this, and Maso Nisaree began drying mud and other things to find a hard material. Meanwhile, Matt The Matticus started throwing rocks at a target...

Next chapter when SKILORD picks a tech.

Comment

Matt The Matticus had done some cool things. First he decided that there should be a concept called zero, and there was nothing.

He then wandered back over to his target.

"Zero doesn't really help me dam it!"

He had constructed a crude slingshot and it was able to effectively target the bullseye, but he couldn't duplicate the same thing with boulders, they were too heavy.

"I should lighten the load."

He looked around himself, then he saw the bow and arrow that he was given for the war.

"I've got it!!"

He feverishly got to work, constructing a huge creation based on his slingshot. Instead of a forked branch though, he used the trunks of two large trees, and using a complicated system of weights, levers, and pulleys, was able to get a rope to put forth approximately 5000 pounds per square inch of force. He then took a trunk from a smaller pine tree, and placed it upon the launching ramp.

CREEAAAAAk-THWUP he watched the tree trunk fly over his villiage and land in nearby Lake Michigan.

The splash startled the villiagers, but Matt knew he had something, he would show it at the council, this was certain to become the next God of Wisconsin.

At the tribal meeting, the men displayed their skill with the bow and arrow god. Others were being astonished by what Maso Nisaree said that a wall made of his demonstration brick would stop, if only he could devise some way to defend against it.

Matt approached this demonstration and said, "I know of something which will penetrate that."

"How do you know?" Maso worriedly asked, mainly because the good looking ladies were leaving him, "Prove it why don't you?"

"Gladly."

Matt had constructed a mobile version of his stereotype, and had improved the projectile his mechanism fired. It was now more aerodynamic, and it had a pointed bronze tip, which made it's flight shorter, but it's destructive powers greater. He wheeled it out.

"What is that abomination?" Maso stammered.

"I call it a 'Ballistae'" Matt was pleased with the name he had given his contraption.

"Let's see what it does."

"Well, see that gigantic boulder over there?"

"Yeah"

Matt pulled the trigger lever, the rope was let fly, and his projectile had split the massive rock in two pieces.

The crowd gasped at this, and the beautiful ladies quickly flocked to Matt.

Maso, upon seeing this, knew that he must construct something capable of deflecting such a powerful projectile, he hurried off as Matt was accepting the title of high priest, and his prize of 7 beautiful maidens of virtue true.

Maso went home to his workshop, Matt went home to his bedroom... neither left for 4 days.

Comment

that's great
            Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

The crowd gasped at this, and the beautiful ladies quickly flocked to Matt.

Maso, upon seeing this, knew that he must construct something capable of deflecting such a powerful projectile, he hurried off as Matt was accepting the title of high priest, and his prize of 7 beautiful maidens of virtue true.
              When it rains, it pours.
              Read Blessed be the Peacemakers | Read Political Freedom | Read Pax Germania: A Story of Redemption | Read Unrelated Matters | Read Stains of Blood and Ash | Read Ripper: A Glimpse into the Life of Gen. Jack Sterling | Read Deutschland Erwachte! | Read The Best Friend | Read A Mothers Day Poem | Read Deliver us From Evil | Read The Promised Land

Comment

lol skilord
                update after I do my homework and eat dinner

Comment

probably, I am a bit busy what with the whole pregnant girlfriend's best friend thing

Comment

Working...
                  X