Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dip advice request

blank map here:

OK just finished off the first year as Spain in Modern Dip and I came through fairly well since I wasn't attacked and was able to bag three builds. As far as I can tell the Pole and the German are incompetant and the rest seem to know the basics of what they are doing.

But now the question of who to attack is raising its ugly head. I've sort of got a Western Triple set up with France and Britain to sweep east together. But I'm having a bit of a hard time prodding the frenchie into moving an offensive position against the Italian. Now from his point of view he doesn't want to end up with a two front war (not that much of a danger in view of the German's incompetance), but I'm a bit worried I might end up holding the bad and have to fight the Italians by myself, which I just don't have enough fleets to do effectively.

So do you think I should hope that the Frenchie comes through or stab him unmercifully? I could probably get him to set up a bounce in Nav and then support myself into Nav and thus be able to sneak into Bor unopposed, and from there start gnawing at his underside while at least some of his units are tied up on the German border.

Then there's the Brit, I could probably manuever to ensure that I get Mor within two years but against both the Brits and the French there's a good chance that I'd peak at possession of Bor and Mor and then go downhill from there.

I guess I'm greedy and I see an opportunity where I'm pretty much assured of grabbing a SC or two as opposed to the long hard slog it'll probably take to get Nap and Rom off the Italian with possibly lukewarm of non-existance French help.

Any ideas?
    Attached Files
    Stop Quoting Ben

What has Italy been saying? That seems more important...

That map is way too small for me to tell what's where and to think tactics, but if possible delay another turn and send France some strong moves in the Italian direction highly recommended. If they don't follow up, then stab away the next turn. This obviously works better if you have some good cover moves that keep you able to stab France while moving toward Italy. Meanwhile, you can tell Italy you'll make one season more of moves toward him, then immediatley reverse course and brutally stab. It might be true, and it might not be, depending on the French, but he doesn't need to know that.
    All syllogisms have three parts.
    Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

how about an alliance with Britain and try pushing into France, as long as you can stir something up between Italy and Turkey?

But don't listen to me, I have yet to win a game of Modern
      "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
      You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

The problem with Italy is that he wants me to support him into Libya (which was the condition of him letting me have Tun), so its hard to not piss off one of France or Italy...
        Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Working...
        X