New Ideas - all read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orange1,
    As for dip 50, I can see a clear cut draw for England, CSA, Mexico and China.
    Frontier is a little more complicated, may have to play that one out a ways, too many powers still active.

In your scenarios, I like #1 the best(a little Bounced, eh?), but I would only test it on a Standard map first, before we get going on larger maps. Your second idea is nice but you never be able to get that many people to sit down that long all at one time. Wish I could meet all you boys in a FTF game and a couple of cases of beer, it would be fun. Ah hell, we would probably end up hanging Ruffhaus in the end.

Orange1, I wonder if we could get that software from the creator of Bounced, probably want some money for it, sure would be nice.
    Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

I, for one, am reluctant to enter into any more games until the three I've already invested time into are dealt with, especially considering the track record of the two Imperials for reliability of players/GMs.

As for Deviant's idea of a four-way draw in Dip 50, that's not a game, it's a travesty. No map should have four powers winning, even one the size of Imperial. Three I could see, but not four. *sigh* Don't know why I'm bothering nitpicking it, though, seeing as how that one'll probably collapse before a clear-cut victor(s) are evident.

Besides, at this point, we MIGHT be able to field enough reliable players to do ONE Standard or Modern map and have it PLAYED as opposed to waited on for months at a stretch. If this scenario exists in the realm of possibility, then I'm interested, but if folks play for three turns and then vanish without a trace, leave me out of it. We should all have a pretty good clue of who will and will not commit now, so choose wisely. I don't like twiddling my thumbs waiting on some nimrod any more than I have to.
      His Divine Shadow
      zeon_archduchy@hotmail.com

"Do you know what 'nemesis' means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified, in this case, by a horrible c**t: me." - Bricktop, _Snatch_

Comment

I pretty much agree with the Widow and I don't like having a huge map having four draw countries, but facts are facts and these games are stalling and it is a way to get them out of the way so we can restart this site, from the basics, if neccessary, starting with only 10 good players and going from there.
        We have excellent GM's, Ruffhaus, Orange1 and Snowfire, I have never had a problem with them, so all we need to do is be careful in GM and Player selection, as Widow suggested.
        Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

Comment

I am not sure that we have enough for a modern game, as Apocralypse has gone though a few country changes since it started. Mayhem also died a bad death. I am however with HDS in saying that I am not interested in starting another game that won't play out.

I GM'd a Classic game that was a good experience for me and the players I think, though it may have been because of the players who entered. I would also be interested in GMing another, maybe a Middle East variant or a standard. I would want to either pick the players, or go by a standard of reliability as to what players play out games to conclusion ( win or lose ).

What does everyone think, maybe we only start games that are hand picked by the GM's ? I hate to do that though because then some guys may not get a chance to ever get in.

Comment

I agree completely with Chazzy and HDS. Those that don't ever get picked don't deserve to be anyway because their lack of commitment in the past has spoiled many games for the other players - I would have no sympathy for them.

I also completely agree that new games that just die are pointless - that's the reason I wanted to ask your opinion because we have to take some positive action to save this club or it's going under.

These games i propose will be by invitation only.

Defiant, I'm sure we could get enough people together for a night of realtime action if we stuck to the hardcore devotees. And I'm sure a strapping young lad like you could finish off that case of beer all on your own while playing
            "Life is like a bag of Revells - you're always searching for The Orange One"

Comment

Defiant, I suppose we could have a closed game on Bounced for people from ADC - quite common apparently according to the guy that runs it. I was trying to keep it on Poly though because if we start moving, its the end I reckon. Might be ok for just one game though...
              "Life is like a bag of Revells - you're always searching for The Orange One"

Comment

Id be game for something new in a weeks time when I reach Oxford. I should have reliqble access then, and no stupid French keyboards with no apostrophes.

Id also like to see a Royale game on the Heptarchy or 1600 v. 2.51 map. I wouldn't ,mind playing a standard game, but I could not do real time or anything too fast.
                "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Defiant
                  Siro, you still drive me nutts, look at your first post and then your second. Although I like your picture of Netanyho(sp) sorry.
                  What???

Btw it's not a picture of netanyahu/

It's Barak's face on Nethanyahu's head... I know it sounds wierd... it is.

The eyes nose and mouth are Barak. The rest Nethanyahu.

And what's wrong with my posts? I'm impulsive!

Comment

I'm down for joining a new game. the anonymous standard game sounds interesting, although I don't think I can do the real time one.

If anyone is wondering where I popped out of all of a sudden, after a year and a half in the army, I finally got out of my recon troop and moved into a sham job at the G-6 help desk Now my major concern has turned to finding ways to kill time playing around on the internet.
                    ku eshte shpata eshte feja
                    Where the Sword is, There lies religion

Comment

I have faced similar problems of players disappearing in Frontier Imperial Dip. My problem right now is that some of the regular players have not sent in moves. I am still waiting on all of Europe in that game and Japan and Brazil.

Comment

NMR!
                        NMR!
                        NMR!
                        What is best in life? Crush your enemy! See him driven before you. And to hear the lamentation of his women.

Comment

They are not due until Wednesday NMR happy boy!

Comment

I thought that they were due LAST Wednesday. Besides Some Japanese fello named Hojo told me that NMRs by your neighbors were the best way to victory....
                            What is best in life? Crush your enemy! See him driven before you. And to hear the lamentation of his women.

Comment

15-06-2002 19:47
                              Three things

first - Moves are extended till Wednesday at 5:30 PM PDT
                              second - Charger is temporarily replacing MDR as Japan and Chazzy and changing to Brazil
                              third - Map errors
                              England
                              No F in Cel
                              F NE Monsoon is in E. Indian
                              Austria
                              F: Baltic is in GoBot
                              Otherwise the map is ok

That is SHOGUN DEFIANT OF THE HOJO, to you, my most honored conqueored enemy And,,,,,the best way to victory is a highly skilled stab to where victor is almost guaranteed, like in Hagakure.

Above shows a stamp date by Du Chateau of 6-15 and the nearest forward Wednesday is 6-19, tomorrow as I read it. You're slipping a little Ruffhaus'son.

Comment

I would like to replace him, however I cant seem to open the map!!! I dont know what is wrong!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X