MDR on Sabbatical untill August Possibly, Replacement Player/GM Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MDR on Sabbatical untill August Possibly, Replacement Player/GM Needed

People, I've received a message from MDR concerning his internet access this summer and consequently his ability to play and GM Dip games here at Apolyton. Michael doesn't expect to have regular access to the net or e-mail until at least August if then.

This affects the following games:

Dip 50 Imperial 3 (GM)
    Dip 55 Hagakure (Chosokabe)
    Dip 60 Frontier Imperial 3 (Japan)

In the interest of simplfying matters, I suggest that we remove Hagakure Dip from the list of replacement needs, and conceed victory to Defiant (Hojo) in that game. I wanted to play it to the end to keep within the spirit of the variant, but the outcome is no longer in question any more. Finding a replacement for this game is a waste of everyone's time. With the sorry state of the ADC, it seems imprudent to waste our time messing with this position.

The larger issues are with the Imperial games.

Dip 50 (Imperial 3) will need a new GM, and I for one, would like to keep playing. Unfortunately it seems like the only folks able to GM in the club are playing in the game. Any suggestions here?

Dip 60 (Frontier Imperial) has a very viable Japan position open, and should present an attractive opening to would be players. Any takers?
    Last edited by RUFFHAUS 8; June 5, 2002, 12:08.
    What is best in life? Crush your enemy! See him driven before you. And to hear the lamentation of his women.

I can try Japan. Could you give a link to the current map?

Comment

Just so you all know, I"d be willing to temporarily GM Dip 50 to keep it going. I won't be able to get everything together tonight alas, been a bit busy.

I'll hopefully send out the e-mails and get things working again tommorow. Until then, unless somebody can have MDR send the moves over to me, you'll need to resubmit your moves yet again- sorry. Peter.Ingraham@oberlin.edu or ICQ.
      All syllogisms have three parts.
      Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

Charger,
        That would be nice if you could take Japan in Dip 60, I will try to get a current map on this thread.

Snowfire,
        You are coming throgh in a pinch, thank you.

Chazzy,
        Quit sucking on your mama's nipple and get into these games, if you are Holland in one, let all of your 2-3 SC's go into civil disorder and pull one of the bigger countries to help to keep these games going, c'mon BOOB!
        Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

Charger here is the map for Frontier/Dip 60.

Angelfire on Lycos, established in 1995, is one of the leading personal publishing communities on the Web. Angelfire makes it easy for members to create their own blogs, web sites, get a web address (domain) and start publishing online.
          Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

Comment

Snowfire,
            Please send emails to defiantdiplomacy@charter.net my other email address has just became a junk box and I hardly ever check it.
            Thanks

Comment

ummm.... I cant seem to open the map. I tried to paste it like one sometimes has to and it still wont let me through

It keeps saying either Roadblock or page does not exist
              Last edited by Charger; June 8, 2002, 00:28.

Comment

Oh lovely. Just saw a thread in the OT, orange is gone for the week, no Internet, starting now. His was the last set of moves I needed.

We aren't waiting another week. On the other hand, I'm not NMRing him, it's not exactly his fault either. I'm going to take a trusted player not in the game and have them make up a set of conservative moves. If anybody requested support from Turkish units, you've already been contacted and told of the change (not that I'm guarenteeing they exist, but just so you know I don't want to be springing surprises).

By the way, for those that care, I'm fiating that France & Holland's retreats be as follows (procedure: always retreat to enemy SC if possible, then home SC, then anywhere else. Randomly decide to break ties)

A Bot->Trn
                F Bismarck->CRL
                F W. Pacific->Izu
                All syllogisms have three parts.
                Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

Working...
                X